Can you break away from haircare products advertising clichés, in time for summer?
Imagine a young woman in her twenties, enjoying summer to its fullest. She spends a lot more time at the beach or pool, having fun, trying new things, and spending time with friends… Summer is a time of pleasure and memorable moments.
Being outdoors and in the water more often, her hair is exposed to the elements much more than any other season. The salt in seawater, chlorine in pool water, and UV from the sun dry out and damage her skin and hair. She knows this has an effect on her skin, and so she uses different skin care products, but does not know that there is an equivalent for her hair.
Pantene is launching a new limited edition Summer Treatment specially formulated for sun, chlorine, and seawater damaged hair. It penetrates into the hair’s core, locking the moisture in, transforming dehydrated hair into hair that is healthy and lusciously smooth.
How can Pantene surprise and engage young women who are a bit bored about the brand and convince them that its Summer Treatment is the “must-have” beauty product for this summer?
In an emotionally evocative and original print ad that breaks with Pantene’s traditional communication, convince young women that Pantene’s new Summer Treatment is a must-have this summer.
Women have known Pantene for a long time and they know it is good for damaged hair. It is seen as a good quality and dependable brand but is it still relevant and exciting?
Forget how Pantene has traditionally communicated its haircare ranges! How can we surprise and delight young women with a great print ad, convincing them that Pantene Summer Treatment is the one product that will solve their dehydrated hair concerns for a worry-free summer with beautifully luscious, smooth, and hydrated hair?
We don’t just want to see a picture of girls with beautiful hair at the beach or swimming pool. We want to revolutionize the way Pantene talks to young women and connect with them emotionally in a surprising way that will get the brand noticed and talked about.
Think about this young woman and what’s important to her. She tries many products and always wants to know what is new and different. Blogs, ratings, and reviews are where she gets her information. Once she has purchased the product, she loves to share her experience with others, either online or in her group of close friends.
With your submission, please answer the following questions:
- What is your idea about? Please describe.
- How is this relevant to our young women?
- How is this different from traditional Pantene visuals?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: Best friends sharing the secret of Pantene Summer Treatment as they’re packing for their beach holiday. Along other protection and treatment products for the skin, we see Pantene Summer Treatment securely tucked into her bag. This shows the importance of Pantene Summer Treatment as well as leveraging the insight that young women love to be in the know and share their haircare and beauty tips with their best friends.
Another good idea could be a close-up for hair that looks like beautiful waves, leaping on the sand. The hair is healthy, shiny, and nourished. A line could say: “Trapping summer’s water from the inside.”
Example of a bad entry: A woman in beach attire who has beautiful hair, smiling into camera, against the backdrop of a beach with typical close-up pack shot. We want to see something that is different to what Pantene usually does and from the usual clichés of beauty ads.
- #1 Prize €4,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
1 page print ad and 1 page text explanations with answers to the questions, maximum 2 pages (PDF).
Your print ad could inspire the next Pantene Summer Treatment campaign in Japan. The winning idea will instinctively and emotionally connect the viewer with the product/brand. We are looking for a truly original and different approach other than the traditional communication cues that Pantene has used for its other products for decades.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English.
- Feel free to add a tagline to your print ad.
- You can use the pack shot in this link in your entry if you wish.
- Please answer the 3 questions above in your submission.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.