Create an ad that illustrates a moment everyone can relate to where the quality of the tissues of SCA brands (Lotus, Tempo, Zewa) makes a difference!
What your entry has to be about
Please note that your poster has to illustrate real life situations. Everyone should be able to relate to them; they have to be realistic and your entry should not be a pure advertisement. You do not have to invent anything here, just show us the real life moments when a good quality tissue can save the day.
Tissues help us in a lot of different situations!
When we feel sick or are suffering from allergies, but also when we cry during a romantic movie or when we’re laughing so much or we need to wipe away a dirty stain of splashes of chocolate because we’ve just eaten a huge ice cream. Our first reflex is always to use a tissue...
SCA’s Tempo, Zewa and Lotus brands produce tissues that – through their outstanding product attributes like perfect blend of softness and strength, absorbency and versatility in use, offer premium paper quality.
They come in handy (soft) packs and boxes and can be used for functional needs like unblocking your nose or shielding you from dirt and germs, but also to help you to feel clean, fresh, relieved with a sensual pleasure whenever you need it.
Because the tissues are premium quality, consumers can rely on them and those tissues brands become their trusted allies in key situations, where lower quality products might let them down.
Not all consumers are aware of the quality differences between tissue brands and even if they feel the difference, they don’t know what this “extra” should be relevant for.
Think of situations in which the superior product attributes of SCA brands really make a difference and where those tissues do not only take care of physical needs, but also, by offering trusted quality, give comfort, (restore) dignity, let people shine and leave a good impression, fulfill the role of a mother, friend, human being… Because there is an emotional benefit for consumers, they feel more connected to SCAs brands.
We think that there are great opportunities to emotionally (re)connect with consumers by heroing specific elements of our current products.
Create an ad that shows situations anyone can relate to in which high-quality tissue paper really does make a difference and illustrates how SCA brands (Lotus, Tempo, Zewa) are trusted companions.
Think about what might prevent people buying premium tissues in packs or boxes and convincing arguments for using premium tissues. How can a premium brand succeed in fulfilling consumers’ needs rather than a low quality tissue?
Keep in mind that while these situations need to be ones we can all relate to, it is the premium quality of the tissue that saves the day!
Illustrate the main benefits of the brands by tapping into one or more product attributes, such as the perfect blend of strength and softness or any other feature that you identify as a driver or benefit for consumers.
Avoid common situations such as sneezing, wiping your mouth, blowing your nose, drying tears or showing typically emotional situations, such as weddings or the birth of a baby. Those are common visuals already used in TV commercials. We want truly human moments, big or small, where the attributes of SCA´s tissues make a real difference!
Finally, we would like to know about your idea. Please explain your creative thinking and the rationale behind your entry with a short description.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
One good example is something SCA brands have already shown in a TV commercial. They’ve done the “washing machine test”: everyone knows the disaster of washing a load of clothing and accidently having left a tissue hanky in the pocket of your pants – there is lint and bits and pieces of tissue everywhere on your clothing. Because of its (wet) strength, this would not happened with SCA tissues. They do not fragment, but remain in one piece.
This is a good example as it illustrates that due to its premium paper (here specifically its wet strength) it leaves your clothing lint free and the consumer carefree.
A bad entry would be one where a guy sneezes or blows his nose very hard and because of the premium quality the tissue does not break or leave the hand wet. This is an image that is all too common.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
Poster (1 visual + text).
A print ad that shows moments we can all relate to, big or small, where the quality of the tissue makes a difference and illustrates SCA brands (Lotus, Tempo, Zewa) as trusted allies.
Guidelines for this contest
- Transfer one or more of the brands product attributes (softness, strength, absorbency, etc.) into a relevant consumer benefit and create an emotional hook. The attribute does not need to be spelled out but be recognizable from the benefit.
That is important in order to be credible and distinctive as a hanky brand and also to prevent showing random emotional situations that are not necessarily linked to any one particular category or brand.
- Show moments of truth, big or small, where the quality of the tissue makes a difference.
- Think about situations that would apply to soft packs as well as boxes of tissues, where indoor and outdoor/on the go situations apply.
- Avoid common scenarios such as sneezing, wiping your mouth, as well as clichés such as weddings or birthdays.
- Your entry must be a poster + short explanation on the same page (or in the media description).
- Please download the logos from here.
- Your entry must be in English or French.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.