Calling all creative thinkers: Invent a distinctive new dip for crisps or veg sticks!
Dear creators! Please do not forget that you have to use the template to create your entry. You can download it from the Guidelines below.
We all know dips – salsa, guacamole, sour cream, hummus – they’ve been the staple classics we’ve been eating for years. You can get them in jars from the snack aisle, or fresh in the refrigerated aisle. Sure there have been some changes, perhaps a mild variety here or a new flavour of hummus there, but nothing that has really challenged the status quo.
The producers of famous crisps Doritos, Sensations, Walkers and Sunbites need your help to surprise and delight shoppers with original ideas for new dipping products for crisps, nachos and veg sticks. Can you crack it?
Create an original and delicious dipping product to accompany Doritos, Sensations, Walkers or Sunbites for people to eat with crisps, nachos or veg sticks.
Your challenge is to create something radically different that fits the same need - to enhance the traditional dippers (crisps, nachos & veg sticks). Think bigger than just different flavours or variants, consider how the product itself could be different in texture (e.g., hot, cold, sauces, sprinkles, drizzles, shakers). What combinations can you come up with (hot or cold, fresh or ambient)? How could the packaging change the product? What else could they be eaten with? How could they unlock new eating sensations and occasions?
The idea needs to be:
Distinctive – something that will be noticed.
Original – unlike anything else on the market.
Creative – PepsiCo have already created a lot of ideas, this one needs to stand apart and be different.
The new product has to be offered by one of the following brands (or any of their sub-brands) – choose which you feel is most appropriate for your idea:
- Doritos – For the bold, Mexican heritage, with strong flavours. Already known for dips.
- Sensations – A more premium flavour, with influences from around the world.
- Walkers – Traditional, British, respected and a big favourite in the snacking aisle, known for great flavours.
- Sunbites – Tiny moments of extraordinary pleasure and better for you/healthier than average snack.
Please answer the following questions in your entry:
- What is your idea about and who is it intended for?
- How does your new idea differ from existing dips for crisps, nachos and veg sticks in the market?
- What’s the one thing about this idea that consumers would talk to their friends about?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example might be: A range of delicious dips and ingredients you can combine at home, to discover exciting new flavour and texture combinations. Each pack contains a delicious dip and a separate ingredient which adds an exciting flavour or texture to your dip. And because you combine the ingredients by hand, you can discover exciting new combinations, whilst matching the intensity to your own taste, for example, Thai Chilli with Lemongrass & Coriander paired with Crushed Cashews.
A bad example would be a tomato-based salsa in a jar, which is a common product already done before, in standard packaging.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
1 page on a white background, including 1 lead visual (and supporting visuals if necessary) and under 150 words of text.
We are expecting you to provide two things: an original and distinctive product idea AND an original and distinctive packaging idea.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English only.
- Visit the Doritos, Sensations, Walkers and Sunbites websites to know about the products they already have.
- Your entry must have 1 lead visual (and supporting visuals if necessary) on a white background and under 150 words of text, and be easy to understand.
- Reply to the mandatory questions.
- Please download and use the template from the toolkit to create your entry.
- You can download the pack shots and logos from here.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.