Invent a new brand of soda without preservatives, artificial flavours or colours!
We need you to give us more details folks!
There is a very important part that most of you are forgetting in your entries: the story! This means you have to create a whole universe around the brand. It is your chance to be super creative as you can make it all up and use your imagination. Your story needs to have as many details as possible.
We suggest you find 3 images or make a moodboard in order to illustrate your story and/or represent the world you have created for the brand. The good news is that you don’t even need to own the rights for those pictures!
Go crazy with your imagination but keep in mind the brand’s characteristics!
Very important point for New Sodas contest!
Creators, please note that your product name should not be related to the flavor of the product. Indeed, the flavors already exist! In this contest, we are looking for a new brand name that will encompass a large range of flavored sodas.
Your brand name should focus on the 3 particularities of the products: no preservatives, no artificial flavors and no artificial colors.
Once again, the name you are going to choose, other than being short and easy to remember, has to be usable for all different flavors.
Drinking a soda is a guilty pleasure.
We like to enjoy our favourite drink, but we also know that it includes elements that are harmful to our health, with artificial preservatives, flavours and colours.
Today, we want to drink a soda while being kind to our health; a soda without preservatives, without artificial flavours and colours.
These characteristics represent what's different about this new brand which is preparing to launch in the very competitive soda market. It offers products without preservatives, artificial flavours or colours. In other words, through its quality and the ingredients it contains, this brand perfectly meets consumers' expectations.
Help this new brand get across its products' features by creating for it:
- a brand name,
- a label for its bottles,
- a story.
We need your bright ideas to express this special quality that marks it out from all the other soda brands and delight those who like to look after their health without putting their enjoyment at risk!
Create together a name, label and story of a new soda brand without preservatives, artificial flavours or colours, to make it stand out from its competitors and appeal to 18-25-year-olds, mothers and fathers.
What you create will determine the success of the brand's launch. It will help it express its qualities and features that will make it stand out in the market, including in the long term.
Please note: these products are neither bio nor organic! They are products without preservatives, artificial flavourings or colours.
You're mainly speaking to a young audience (18-25 years), as well as fathers and mothers, who are familiar with the soda market, receptive to new innovations and know what goes into products from this brand.
Your name, label and story must therefore convey the product benefits (no preservatives, artificial flavourings or colours), a young, creative image and its potential to stand out from the competition.
The name must:
- be very short, easy to pronounce and remember, and have an international resonance.
- evoke the product characteristics mentioned above, as far as possible.
- must not already exist or sound like an existing name (xxx Cola).
The label must:
- be attractive, young and innovative.
- embody what's good about the product using symbols, colours, etc.
- in 3D, fit the shape of the bottle (cf. guidelines below).
Your story should :
- describe in a few lines the world you're creating around the new brand.
- be illustrated by a few images of your choosing.
We also need you to create a consumer type. In a few lines, describe what they do on a daily basis and the relationship they have with sodas. Illustrate it with a photo.
You can also take inspiration from the existing composition of the range of this new brand: orange soda, lemon soda, caramelised apple soda, green apple soda, strawberry soda, bitter soda, pineapple soda and cola soda.
Now it's down to you!
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good proposition will fit in with the brand DNA, its benefits (no preservatives, artificial flavours or colours), make it stand out from its competitors and appeal to consumers.
A logical line of thought that also works for the label and story you're going to develop.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Visual presentation (PDF, 3 pages maximum).
A name, a label and a story that work together, and which are distinctive and creative, and promote the product's features (no preservatives, artificial flavours or colours).
Your proposition will inspire the brand's development on the world market in general, and the markets of the Mediterranean countries in particular.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please create your label using the template which can be downloaded here.
- Entries can be submitted in French or English.
- As the ingredients are not organic, please avoid implying that this may in fact be the case.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.