Help Vicks Zzz to break a stigma about sleeplessness and sleep aid products.
There is a strong stigma about sleep aid products.
People think it is only for serious sleep problems. They see it as a very strong product that causes habits and contributes to a rude awakening that ruins your day. They don’t think it’s for them. They think that sleep aids are only for anxious/crazy people.
Yet, sleep problems are very common: 60% of people have claimed to have sleep problems. Vicks Zzz is the perfect product to face those small difficulties.
Vicks Zzz is the first sleep aid product without medical recipe that heals sleeplessness without negative effects. It provides you a deep sleep to wake up refreshed. Above all, people are not suffering from any habits after consuming it.
Create a print ad that shows that sleep problems are more common than you think and that Vicks Zzz can help you sleep easily and wake up refreshed.
Thanks to Vicks Zzz, break the stigma about sleep aid products. A product that helps you sleep easily and wake up refreshed - a product without medical recipe that doesn’t cause any form of habits. People should have to think that way: “Vicks Zzz is the product for me. Sleep aids is not only for anxious or crazy people, it is for me too when I sleepless”.
Let people know that sleeplessness is a common thing. People feel more comfortable treating that issue when they perceive that it is normal and not drastic to use a sleep aid. Keep in mind that they are more comfortable treating sleeping problems when they recognize the case of their sleeplessness is external.
Please consider these three dimensions about the brand Vicks when submitting your entry:
- Their products are efficient,
- Their products are always a sensorial experience,
- They always express family values to positioning themselves as a care taker.
One more thing: do not focus on the negative side, do not use sick people.
We’d love to know more about your creative thinking. Feel free to explain your entry: why do you think your idea will break the stigma about sleeplessness and sleep aid products and how will we see Vicks Zzz as an efficient and casual product.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example for this contest:
Idea | A working guy going home after a week of hard work. It’s Friday night and he wants a deep rest to be fully operational to play with his children the next day morning.
Execution | A print that shows a 35 y.o. guy still in bed, early in the morning. We see him holding his daughter. They are both smiling, both full of energy. The light is bright and the color environment is white – it is a very positive picture. In the print, there is a packshot of the product.
It’s a good example because the consumption of the product seems casual and it is positive.
A bad example for this contest:
Idea | A working guy going home from work. He is depressed and having a cold. He decided to take a Vicks Zzz to sleep properly during the night.
Execution | Aprint in which we see a 35 y.o. guy, sick and alone in his room and lay down in bed. The product is on his bedside table.
It is a bad example because the environment is negative and the product seems to be used for serious reason, not for a casual one.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
Print ad: photo or illustration with tagline and text explanation (2 pages in total, PDF only).
Break the stigma about sleeplessness and show the sleep aid product of Vicks as a very casual product.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries for this contest are accepted in English only
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.