Propel Lucozade into the modern world of sport and exercise
Nowadays, for most of us, there is a shift in the way we are doing sport.
Winning is personal. It is not necessarily a matter of competition between each other anymore. Sport is now seen as a way to focus on ourselves - how we could find our own best by reaching personal goals. We are not the next Usain Bolt but we love to push ourselves a little bit further with targets and challenges through individual measurement apps and wearables.
Sport is also a way to stay active in a world that expects a lot from us. We want to have a well-balanced and a healthier life in order to feel confident in our daily routine.
Lucozade would like to play a key role in this modern world of sport and exercise.
Lucozade Sport drink is designed to enhance hydration and fuel performance during intense sport and exercise. The brand is well known for its focus on sporting performance and intense physical activity. They would like to resonate with a wider audience who do sport and exercise for different motivations – to achieve personal goals and to stay active in their daily routine.
Create a print ad that propels Lucozade Sport into the modern world of sports, where people exercise to reach personal goals and to live a balanced, healthy and active lifestyle.
The product can have a key role to play in this ad since it provides the necessary energy and hydration to exercise.
Here are 5 guidelines to follow:
- Appeals to Males & Females
- Show what the product does to someone such as enhancing hydration or helping you perform during your exercise but above all how it makes you feel such as giving you the energy & hydration to live a fulfilling and active life
- Step out of traditional sports such as football and rugby and instead get closer to what the people we described are doing to keep fit and active (running / jogging; exercise classes at the gym; cardio at the gym, group fitness classes; team sports that are played more for the social benefits than the desire to win; half-marathons or charity running events)
- Stay away from low intensity sports such as yoga, pilates and light jogging
- Stay true to the brand history and personality by avoiding becoming too effeminate or ‘soft’
- Follow the graphic guidelines (see guidelines)
We’d love to know more about your creative thinking. So feel free to explain with your entry why you think your idea will appeal to the audience we described, why it is relevant for Lucozade Sport and not easily applicable to other sport drinks and why it is original.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example for this contest:
Idea | We see Claire, a working woman of 31 y.o. not fit nor strong but with the envy to improve herself with personal activity.. She is going to her Cross-fit class after-work as she does every week. Today, it was a long and a painful one - so to be sure that she will complete her class, she drinks Lucozade Sport before her exercise and during the class. She sees this class as a way to stay active in her week.
Execution | We would see the protagonist from the back as a split screen:
- left side: she is very well dressed with her dark suit in a sober and serious environment,
- right side: she wears a colorful training suit in a colorful environment (blue and orange just like the brand color codes): a gym-class where we see people already dancing, with a lot of movements.
Also, she is wearing one bag with a bottle of Lucozade Sport that appears in both pictures – except on the right side we see an empty bottle of Lucozade Sport.
It is a good idea as it meets target expectation “doing sport for a balanced and a healthier life”.
A bad example for this contest:
Idea | a professional rugby team is consuming Lucozade Sport at half-time to re-energise themselves.
Execution | a print in which we understand that the team went back to the field after 10mins of half-time. We see an empty but a very messy locker room: towels and rugby shirts from the first half are all over the floor. Except in the middle of the room, we see a bottle of Lucozade Sport nearly finished -The necessary twist to win the game. To underline it, we’ll see the actual catchphrase of the brand “The Fuel to Rule”.
This is a bad idea as it does not meet the brief to appeal to our ‘modern sport and exercise” audience and it features “traditional and intense sports”.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €750
- #3 Prize €600
- #4 Prize €400
Print ad: photo or illustration with tagline and text explanation (2 pages in total, PDF only).
Make the brand feel more relevant in today’s modern world of sport.
Guidelines for this contest
- Color codes are:
- blue : #008ac8 - (rgb : 0, 138, 200)
- Yellow : #ffd005 - (rgb : 255, 208, 5)
- Download the logo and some product shots from the toolkit.
- The print ad should be in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.