Invent the next feminine care product to help women feel beautifully fresh & clean.
Odor is a key concern among all women, especially the fear of others noticing. The physiological factors contributing to odor can be menstrual discharge, non-menstrual discharge, urine, perspiration, and gut residue. This can be absorbed by underwear, pads, and panty liners, and create malodor.
Feminine care products (such as scented or unscented panty liners, pads and tampons, vaginal washes) have traditionally been about absorption, but increasingly, it’s about smelling great or eliminating any body smells – between periods, during periods, even during menopause, so it isn’t limited to odor due to women’s periods.
Still, there aren’t’ really innovative products related to odor specifically tailored to a woman’s intimate area.
This is the second of two challenges on the future of feminine care, and in this contest, we want you to think about feminine care in the context of an innovative new product that will not just prevent malodors but enhance the odor of woman’s intimate area and increase her confidence and overall sense of femininity.
Take women’s confidence to the next level with a revolutionary feminine intimate care product innovation that either neutralizes odors, smells amazing or both.
The typical feminine care products you see on the shelf today are scented or unscented panty liners (to protect underwear from natural discharge for the days in between periods), and sanitary pads and tampons (when a woman has her period) that promise to keep odors locked in. There are other peripheral products, like vaginal washes, that promise to keep a woman’s intimate area balanced, healthy and smelling fresh.
But there really aren’t any innovative products related to odor specifically tailored to a woman’s intimate area.
Invent a radically new product that taps into a woman’s desire to not only have her intimate parts odor free but also smelling amazing. Think about how your innovation could cope with different smells/odors during different times of the month (between periods and during periods). Choose between:
- An odor-neutralizing product that eliminates any body odors.
- A scented product that keeps your intimate areas smelling great.
- A product that both neutralizes body odors and leaves your intimate areas scented.
Think about its application and how it can be long lasting to avoid inconvenient reapplication – or perhaps your product is easy to reapply. And also consider how your product can be as natural as possible because this is an intimate and delicate area.
Focusing on a woman’s intimate area, go above and beyond a sanitary pad, tampon, or panty liner – and come up with an innovative product that either neutralizes odors or enhances the smells and scents of a woman’s intimate area.
Be creative with your new product idea – it can be something you apply on your skin or even a pill that you take that alters the PH and scents of your body. But not all your product ideas need necessarily be scented.
Tell us how your invention works, what it looks like, and what it does for a woman. Your entry should be composed of: a product idea, a packaging idea and the story around it. Please answer the following 4 questions:
- What is this innovation about and how is it used? Does it neutralize odors or provide a scent or both?
- When is it used, e.g., pre-menstrual, during or post women periods?
- What woman’s need(s) does it meet when it is used? A life occasion, a physical need, etc.
- How will she look and/or feel different because she used this innovation?
- Does it have any additional qualities on top of scent and smell? If so, what are they?"
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: a fresh and an efficient moisturizer for the intimate area with antibacterial properties. Thanks to its antibacterial properties, the moisturizer keeps the bacteria from perspiration and menstrual discharge at bay so that it neutralizes bad odor. A product that can easily be transported so that women can apply it every time they need it during the day. It could be a product with a natural or specific scent.
Example of a bad entry: a classical feminine care product, such a scented panty liners. It wouldn’t be a good entry because it already exists - it is not an innovation.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Product and packaging design (visuals) and text, maximum of 5 pages (PDF).
The winning entries will be the most innovative ideas that show how a product could enhance the odor of the intimate area discreetly to increase a woman’s confidence at all times of the month.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English.
- Don’t use any brand for your product idea.
- Your entry should include a visual of the product idea and packaging design, as well as a paragraph of description to explain why people would love it.
- Please answer the 4 questions above.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.