Show us a new way to accompany women on their journey of womanhood.
Women today want to feel good and look beautiful, and, increasingly, they are becoming more aware of the many interrelated factors that must combine to “be beautiful.” Feeling good helps a woman look beautiful and looking beautiful, in turn, helps a woman feel good about herself.
Johnson & Johnson have many brands and products that do a lot for women’s beauty – from skin care through cosmetics to hair care. They also understand women’s needs and desires to feel good from within.
Their current feminine Intimate Care product lines centre around a woman’s monthly needs – pre, during, and post menstrual. With such a diverse and intimate breadth of knowledge about women’s desire to both feel good and look beautiful, Johnson & Johnson now wants to invent a new product that will help them achieve these goals, regardless of whether they are “on” or “off” their period.
This is the first of two challenges on the future of feminine care, and in this contest, we want you to think about feminine care by helping women to feel good about themselves and make women’s most intimate areas look beautiful.
Shape the future of feminine care by creating an entirely new product solution that taps into a woman’s desire to feel good and look beautiful, inside and out.
The typical feminine care products you see on the shelf today are sanitary pads and tampons (when a woman has her period), panty liners (to protect underwear from natural discharge for the days in between periods) and also feminine wash (such as intimate soap) and intimate area shaving. In the last century, there has been little innovation, with any innovation being about making the existing product work better or be more comfortable instead of truly helping her feel good and look beautiful inside and out.
Thinking outside the box about feminine care, how can you design a totally new product that will:
- Help women feel good about themselves, or;
- Make women’s most intimate, feminine areas look beautiful, or even;
- A combination of the two!
Your new invention may be something that helps a woman look aesthetically beautiful, a product that helps her well-being, or provide comfort. Tell us how your idea relates to feminine care and be creative with your idea.
We want you to defy the conventions of typical feminine care products – go above and beyond a sanitary pad, tampon, panty liner, feminine wash, intimate area shaving – and come up with an innovative product to help women feel good or look beautiful or both. Delight a woman and make her celebrate the beauty of her femininity.
Tell us how your invention works, what it looks like, and what it does for a woman. Your entry should be composed of: a product idea, a packaging idea and the story around it. Please answer the following 5 questions:
- What is this innovation about and how is it used?
- When is it used, e.g., pre, during or post menstrual?
- What need(s) does it meet when it is used?
- How will a woman look and/or feel differently because she used this innovation?
- Tell us if this innovation makes a woman feel good, look beautiful or both, and how.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry:
For feeling good, a revolutionary portable exercise machine that gives you the flexibility of customizing your exercise for the days that you have your period, as well as the days that you don’t have your period. The set of exercises you do helps lessen the cramps you feel and gives you that all-round good feeling. The machine is light and portable so that you can pack it and take it with you when you’re on the go.
For looking good, a DIY clipper set that allows you to trim and style your intimate area in the privacy of your own home. This is currently a professional salon service but what if you could do this at home yourself?
Example of a bad entry: An innovation in product efficacy and efficiency on sanitary pads, tampons, and panty liners. We have the existing products on the shelf and want to revolutionize the future of feminine care, not make incremental improvements to what already exists on the market.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Product and packaging design (visuals) and text, maximum 5 pages (PDF).
The winners will be the most innovative ideas that tap into the real insight that women desire to feel good and look beautiful every day, regardless of whether she has her period or not.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English.
- Don’t use any brand for your product idea.
- Your entry should include a visual of product idea and packaging design, as well as a paragraph of description to explain why people would love it.
- Please answer the 5 questions above.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.