Bring to life that a system razor is a valuable tool in many ways for a guy’s lifestyle by creating an impactful visual illustration for Gillette MACH3!
Shaving… chore or pleasure, most men have to do it every day. To do this, men have a choice: disposable or system razors.
System razors are ergonomic razors where you can change the cartridge (also known as “blade”). They offer a much more comfortable and smooth experience than disposable razors.
But the thing is that some people don’t know that system razors exist! Or they know but they shop in auto pilot mode and don’t even question their buying habits. Or they know about Gillette system razors but don’t understand the real value of it.
Can you help change this? Can you wow guys from 18 to 35 and demonstrate to them that Gillette’s system razors are worth the value? That they are better than disposables and show them why?
Millions of men could have their lives improved!
Grab guy’s attention with your catchy iconic creative visual for Gillette MACH3 system razors to show them how superior they are compared with disposable ones!
Your entry should be a visual, an illustration, or a demonstration that is simple, memorable and distinctive. It has to appeal to guys from 18 to 35 years old that currently use 2 or 3 bladed disposable razors and who don’t understand why they should change to Gillette system razors.
Please also think about a tagline to go along with your print.
Here’s a list of proofs that Gillette system razors are better than disposable ones. You might pick one or several to create your visual:
- MACH3 system razors are better (more comfortable) on 10th shave than a disposable on the 1st .
- Blades of MACH3 are thinner and sharper with advanced coatings that give great strength and a more comfortable shave.
- They have an enhanced gel bar that delivers better lubrication and glide.
- Open architecture enabling easier cartridge rinsing and cleaning. In contrast, disposables quickly become clogged and are hard to rinse clean.
- Each of the three blades of MACH3 are mounted on springs and not fixed like they are in the disposables - they move up and down as they automatically adjust to the different levels of shaving pressure and skin variations, helping to increase the comfort of the shave.
- The combination of these and other superior features results in guys being able to take long comfortable strokes (= movements) with MACH3 versus often needing to take many short strokes with disposables, causing irritation.
We’re looking for ways to visually tell the story of Gillette system razors being superior to disposable razors. Your visual illustration needs to clearly show a comparison. You can use analogies or parallels but you need to compare Gillette MACH3 system razors to 2 or 3 bladed disposable razors and show that the Gillette MACH3 system razor is superior in performance and value.
Along with your ideas, we’d love to know details behind your idea, where your inspiration comes from and why you think it will appeal to men from 18 to 35 yo.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
How can you prove to young men that system razors are superior? What comparison would be so catchy and memorable that they would change their habits and shop Gillette system razors next time they purchase razors?
A good idea for this contest| A visual split in two parts with on the left 10 images of the same guy, every morning of the week and 3 mornings of the following week. On Sunday his skin is still soft and he enjoys shaving. On the right, 10 images of the same guy on each morning. On Monday he already has irritation and cuts on the skin. We see on his face that he’s having a bad time shaving. The tagline says: “10 vs. 1. MACH3 system razors are better on the 10th shave than a disposable on the 1st shave.
A bad idea | just showing a system razor and saying: “Better quality”. It does not compare with disposable and does not prove anything.
- #1 Prize €3,500
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €500
- #5 Prize €500
Visual illustration + tagline and text explanation (4 pages max. PDF only).
We are expecting visual illustrations that are easy to understand by the target market and they must be catchy. Stay true to the brands personality. Gillette is a friend who is witty and wise.
Impress us to have a chance to win!
Guidelines for this contest
- Don’t forget to come up with a tagline otherwise your entry will not be accepted.
- Have in mind the brand’s personality: Gillette is a TEAM CAPITAN and the guy you look up to, like a friend, a compatriot, a big brother. He is positive, approachable and aware of the hero in everyone. He was born to lead, never forgets a single detail, and is always armed with the wisest advice. No matter the situation, he’s doing all he can to help his friend look, feel and perform their best. He has audacious wit, a hint of humor with some attitude. Everything is effortless and straight forward for him and he’s wise and knowledgeable.
- Gillette is not: elitist, overly jokey, nerdy, wordy and outdated.
- Do not denigrate people who use disposable razors (because Gillette is also selling disposable razors).
- Download the logo and some product shots from the toolkit.
- Focus on MACH3 not any other razor by Gillette.
- Entries should be in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.