Invent the next generation of Cheetos that will bring parents and teens back together!
Parents are happy to bond with their children. They need to unwind while enjoying a snack with all the family together. Cheetos offers great tasty cheese snacks for great bonding moments. With Cheetos you feel like a kid again. Visual elements of the brand refer to youth and playfulness: Chester cheetah who is the mascot and the messy fingers you get when you eat Cheetos!
Cheetos is still perceived as a snack for kids and now wants to target parents as well: Think in terms of “Family Fun”, where families (young parents with kids between 8 and 12 years old) feel connected, play together, relieve stress and have fun.
Cheetos needs your help to design the next generation of Cheetos!
Create a new Cheetos product (cheese-based, multi-texture) with a concept that talks to both parents & kids with the sole objective of bringing them together in these fun family moments!
We are looking for concepts that solve a problem: Give permission to lighten up and play. Make parents and children feel connected. Can a cheese snack do this? How? What is the experience that Cheetos could provide? How can Cheetos help relieve stress?
The idea is to find a concept that brings back together kids and parents; something they both like (your snack should always appeal to kids). Cheetos represents Mischievous Fun. Therefore, your concept has to introduce something NEW; anything to make the whole experience more pleasant and fun! It should be fun to eat and have multiple layers of stimulation: think about flavors, the textures, the colors. You can change the shape of the Cheeto, but it should always contain cheese.
You can also think in terms of different packaging formats. Something that attracts parents & kids and adds fun to family moments.
Your idea should be presented as a concept board: one page with visuals of product and graphic design and one page of text explaining the design, why you picked this shape and name, when it would be consumed and what feelings or fun it brings.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example for this contest: a multi-layered Cheetos, it has a peanut and chili filling covered with a layer of cheese and contained in a package that resembles cheese.
Another example: a Cheetos that has two colors and the touch of one side gives you a cooling effect because of the powder texture and mint ingredient, while the other side has a crunchy texture with some pepper on it. By combining your Cheetos with your parents’ Cheetos, you can create new flavors and have different sensations. This is a new experience and generates new ways of bonding between parents and kids; this is what can be called a new way to interact with Cheetos.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €500
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text (2 pages - PDF only).
Awards will go to entries that suggest a breakthrough innovation that generates bonding and fun experiences and appeal among teens and their parents, meaning that people will talk about it, have fun with it and really want to taste it.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your concept must include cheese as an ingredient.
- Download the Cheetos logo here.
- You can present your idea using the Cheetos sachet but you can also propose a new packaging.
- Keep in mind Cheetos' personality, which is: “Mischievous Fun”.
- Also don’t forget it’s a social brand and the chips are meant to be shared.
- Entries must be in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.