Fuel up with Pot Noodle on the ride to your dreams.
Today more than ever, young people are pushing the boundaries of the status quo and thinking differently in pursuit of their ambitions. They each have their individual hopes and dreams, and the drive to see them come to life. What could Pot Noodle lovers aspire to pursue and achieve? Maybe they want to be best air guitar players in their city, the most famous skateboarders, or even the most popular band!
They’re crazily committed to their passions, putting in hours of practice and dedication while balancing schoolwork and other commitments. Sometimes, they’re so caught up in the moment that they forget to eat; there are never enough hours to the day!
Thankfully, there’s Pot Noodle! Simply open and pour in hot water, and in 4 minutes you have a tasty and satisfying snack. Less time spent in the kitchen means more time towards your dream. Pot Noodle comes in 11 great tasting flavors so they offer both choice and excitement in a pot. Pot Noodle knows that success does not come on a plate!
Pot Noodle would like you to help them win over a new generation of go-getting young people – guys and girls – who are the most ambitious generation for a century.
Show crazily ambitious young people that Pot Noodle is THE snack to empower them to pursue their own dreams, no matter what those dreams may be.
Through an original idea for online, activation, events, street activities, etc., show us funny and refreshingly honest ideas that show young people that Pot Noodle frees up your time in the kitchen, so that you can dive back into the things that you simply love doing. Be creative with your ideas – we don’t want to see store environment ideas. Think about where young people between the ages of 14 and 17 hang out and what they do. What can Pot Noodle do online, in an event, or perhaps at the entrance to a music festival that will capture their attention and get young people interacting with Pot Noodle?
Think about the “sharing” potential of your idea! Would people want to tell others about it? Would they want to spread the word? Is it appealing to large numbers of people? Would they stop on their tracks and notice? Would it be easily understood by a large audience? Would it make them smile or laugh? Would it drive them to want to eat Pot Noodle?
Your idea should connect with young people who want the best out of their ambitions and are willing to give their all to achieve them, whatever they may be – from being a lead singer in a band to a basketball player or a karate champion, or even having their own business start-up despite the odds.
How can we give people a taste of the freedom to pursue their dreams with Pot Noodle?
Put yourself in the shoes of a young go-getter and inspire us with quirky, creative, funny and rewarding online, activation, event or street activity ideas that show how success doesn’t come on a plate. With Pot Noodle, you can make your dreams happen!
In a presentation with visuals and text, describe your idea and how Pot Noodles would empower your hero/heroine to pursue his or her ambitions, whatever they may be.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: Every purchase of a 4-pack Pot Noodle gives customers a passcode for setting up an account on the Pot Noodle “Make It Happen” Facebook page, from where hopefuls can upload photos and videos of their dreams and ambitions; this could be the best breakdancer in the city or the best juggler – there are no limits to what these ambitions can be! Hopefuls will compete for likes and votes from the public. Pot Noodle will facilitate lessons/training for the winner(s). This will be supported on ground with road shows at popular locations where young people hang out, for example music festivals.
Example of a bad entry: Shelf wobblers and shelf displays showing a visual of a group of young guys having a good time watching football together, all eating Pot Noodle because it’s tasty and convenient. This is a bad idea because it is “in store” and because it portrays guys as sedentary and not go-getting or in pursuit of their dreams. They are merely having a “down” time enjoying a football match. Also, young people don’t usually hang out in supermarkets.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation with text and visuals (maximum 5 pages PDF).
Your idea could inspire the next Pot Noodle campaign. We are looking for quirky, fun, online, event, or activations ideas that will serve as inspiration for how Pot Noodle communicates to the next generation of go-getting, crazy young people who love their passions and actively pursue them. There are no limits to your ideas – just take them away from the store environment to a place where young people love to hang out, online or offline.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English.
- Entries must not talk about Pot Noodle in the context of health food.
- Entries should be realistic and achievable, but also aspirational.
- You can use the Pot Noodle logo and pack shots available here.
- Please include in your idea how Pot Noodle would empower your hero/heroine to pursue his or her ambitions.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.