Take the fight against germs and bacteria into your own hands!
Using our hands, we interact with the environment in ways that are more sophisticated and varied than any other parts of our bodies. From the moment we wake up to the moment we fall asleep, our hands seldom rest. They hold our toothbrushes, pack the kids’ lunches, put the kids’ shoes on, push supermarket trolleys, swipe and tap our credit cards, help us bite into apples, type on keyboards, answer phones, push lift buttons, make sand castles, push the kids on the swing, pick up toys off the floor, pat the dog, wipe tears off cheeks, lift chips and burgers to our mouths … the list goes on.
From the most mundane activity to our greatest achievements, our hands are instrumental in shaping and experiencing the world around us. With all the different things our hands touch comes the inevitable contact with harmful germs and viruses, and their potential transfer into our bodies and homes.
Washing our hands is a key ritual that keeps us and our families clean and safe. It’s an important way to make sure we stay healthy.
What if there was a way to wash our hands that would not only get rid of nasty germs, but would also be a pleasurable and engaging experience … so much so that people would really love to wash their hands, not think of it as a chore?
We are looking for a new hand washing solution that will give you germ- and bacteria-free hands that you will love to use. It will leave your hands (and those of your family) clean, fresh and safe.
Create an innovative hand washing product that will shape the future of anti-bacterial hand washing and has elements inspired by nature.
Put yourself in the shoes of a master inventor who is in charge of inventing the future of hand washing that gets rid of nasty germs and bacteria. How would you give daily hand hygiene routines a refreshing overhaul? How can you incorporate elements from nature in order to kill or eliminate harmful germs and bacteria?
To help you, you can think about the technology that goes into the format of the hand wash – how can it be dispensed that is different from the traditional manual pump or the no-touch dispenser, something that hasn’t yet been done?
What about ingredients – are there natural or traditional anti-bacterial ingredients? Can it be delivered dry versus wet, or even in a totally different form?
How would your revolutionary anti-bacterial hand wash be different from existing hand washes on the market? We would like you to create a hand wash inspired by natural ingredients, that kills germs whilst providing a pleasurable user experience.
In a presentation with text and visuals, wow us with your idea of the next revolution in hand washing, and unleash your creativity on how this product will be packaged. What would be the name of this wonderful new invention that gets rid of nasty germs and is gentle to your hands?
Please answer the following 3 questions:
- What is unique about your anti-bacterial hand wash solution and how does it work?
- How does the packaging support its cleaning properties?
- How does its name convey that it gets rid of germs and bacteria?
Your idea could inspire the next generation of anti-bacterial hand washes. Change the hand washing game and make a positive impact on the future standards of hand hygiene.
While we want you to stretch the limits of your creativity, remember that your idea should be believable and realistic.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good entry: A scented anti-bacterial hand-wash that is isolated in beads, dispensed from a non-touch tray so that the other beads are not contaminated. The beads have natural plant-extract micro colour pigments that lose their colour when germs and bacteria have been eradicated. They are used by bursting the beads between your hands, rubbing and lathering, then rinsing off with water.
Example of a bad entry: A new fragrance, for example rose scented anti-bacterial hand wash in the existing pump bottle. We are looking for something that is revolutionary and creative.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €500
Presentation with text and visuals (maximum 5 pages PDF)
We want you to stretch the boundaries of your own creative thinking and come up with truly innovative ideas of how you can change the way people get rid of germs on their hands with anti-bacterial hand washing solutions. These solutions should be realistic and actionable, but at the same time inspiring and game-changing. Wow us and stand out from the usual soap dispenser that we’re so used to.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English.
- Your entry should include a visual of product idea, packaging design, and a name.
- Please answer the 3 questions above.
- Your ideas should be believable (e.g., we can’t use water from the moon).
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.