Invent the next generation of diapers that are either easy or convenient or sensory and good to look at!
Millennials are a generation that is always on the go, always on the phone, constantly watching their screens, and sharing their experiences. They like innovative products … They look for products that make their lives easier, smarter, fun and aim at giving a special meaning to their actions.
Millennials’ parents expect everything to be convenient, simple and efficient. And when it comes to their children, it’s all the more true! Take diapers for example… they have existed for a long time now! Why haven’t they evolved to meet new needs? For some parents, it’s a pain to change diapers… (They have better things to do, like playing with their kids!)
What if diapers had a better absorption capacity (and/or the feeling that it’s more absorbent) ? You would have to change them less often!
Also, can we imagine diapers that are handier? They are not easy to put on a toddler who constantly wriggles. When you’re away for home, they’re not practical either… moms need both hands to change diapers or this restrict their movement a lot, and diapers take too much space in their handbags! You think you can improve this?
They are a pain when it comes to disposal too! Diapers that can be thrown away easily, because they are ecological- can you imagine what that would be like?
Some modern parents look for more convenience and some others are willing to use sensory products that stimulate senses while being secure and soft.
Diapers too could be good-looking! Moms think: I take care of our style, I buy expensive outfits for my kids for them to look gorgeous but diapers ruin it all because they are so ugly! Do you think diapers could be esthetical?
Also, in the same trend, it seems that parents look for extra soft diapers- those that do not rub or chafe baby’s skin. They expect diapering to become more of a sensorial moment. A moment that includes touch of course, but also takes care of their skin and why not, brings nice smell into the equation.
Imagine how to finally satisfy modern parents’ needs with your idea for the next generation of diapers!
Design a diaper that answers one of the two trends followed by Millennial parents :
- “Always-on” and Easy-on lifestyle, for parents on the go and who do not want to be bothered - the solution is a diaper that is super convenient, hassle-free or ecological while remaining absorbent.
- “Sensory” lifestyle, for parents who think their child deserve the same as themselves, who focus on the experience and the senses: softness, visual aspects of things, smell, those who want to live sensory moments, those who care so much about their babies’ well-being - the solution would be a sensory, esthetical, comfortable, caring diaper as if it was for yourself.
Babies at different ages have different behaviors too! This should impact your creative thinking! Our age range can be divided in three: 0 to 6 months – lying down, 7 to 12 months – standing up, 13 to 18 months – walking.
Your entry should consist of one page, divided into two parts: the design of your idea on the left and on the right, the description of the idea: what is it, how does it work, who is it for (what kind of moms and what age has the baby) and what problem or frustration does it solve (functional and emotional benefits should be described).
Download the template from the guidelines to create your entry.
Millennials want everything they use to fit their life style or their opinions. What they buy and what they use, say a lot about themselves, which is why it’s so important that they have products with tangible benefits (functions and emotions) that are made for their special and unique lifestyle. They don’t want to use the same things as their parents did! Make the world of diapers change and please them!
Your ideas will serve as inspiration for a European company to craft the ideal and modern diaper. Happy babies makes happy parents!
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example for this contest | First, you must identify a problem (get inspired by the context) and craft the solution to address the problem. For example, starting from the fact that it’s not easy to change a baby when you are having a picnic with friends, you could imagine a diaper that contains a small pocket with baby wipes. There is also in the pocket a very thin layer of soft cloth that you can use as a protection to lay down your baby, wherever you are. It’s really easy now to change your baby! It’s the safe, clean and all-in-one diaper.
Another good example would be the colored diaper. Look at swim diapers, they are very creative. Moms could pick their favorite cartoon hero on line and the brand would send personalized diapers with the face of the favorite hero on it. There could be fragrances too, different for little girls and little boys!
A bad example! A diaper that is linked with an app and that tells you when your baby had filled it. Or an eco diaper. It already exists.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
Design and text on one page: use the template.
The best ideas will be truly original and describes how it works (just saying we could create thinner diaper would not be enough) and how it would make a difference to moms and dads. These ideas could be a big transformation, changing the whole diapering experience or could be a small detail that could make a big difference.
Guidelines for this contest
- Don’t come up with ideas that would be very costly to produce. Diapers are everyday products that need to remain affordable.
- Please use the template to create your entry. Download it from the toolkit.
- If you have multiple ideas, upload multiples files, one per idea.
- Entries are accepted in English and French.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.