Can you breathe creativity into a sanitary pad?
Masie is a twenty-two year old young woman. She has a bit of a “princess” personality. A single child, she is used to be pampered and to have her own way. She has just graduated and is deciding what to do for her first job. It is a big transition for her, as she will need to be independent. The good news is that she is ambitious and creative. She loves hanging out with her girlfriends, eating out, listening to the latest pop bands and of course travelling. Her best friend is her mobile phone and she is always connected. But when comes to that time of the month, she does not feel like herself. She feels weighed down, physically and emotionally. She cannot change the fact that she is having her period, so she will try to cheer herself up. That is when she looks for some mood boosters such as her favorite food or a shopping spree.
She has heard of a brand called Whisper, a well-known brand of sanitary pad through a TV commercial, and because it is available in her local shops. So far she has not tried it. All of these big brands look a bit too serious with clichéd scientific product demonstration. They look like something that her mum would probably use (or a scientist…). Yet Whisper has a lot to offer Masie, especially with its cotton range that offers great comfort and protection.
We need your creative genius to change Masie’s perception by appealing to her heart, not only to her head.
Reinvent the way Whisper demonstrates how its sanitary pad works with a layer of creativity, femininity, surprise and emotion to convince Masie that it is the best brand for her.
Watch a TVC for a sanitary pad product, until you see that tired scientific demo with drops of blue liquid poured onto a pad to show its absorbency… that is the bit we want you to focus on. It needs to be reinvented because:
- Every brand uses the same style of demo. Therefore nothing stands out.
- It looks serious, scientific therefore often clinical, and boring..
- It looks like it has been copied and pasted into the rest of the ad; it does not always blend well in the story.
Can you make a more creative demo and make it part of a story that will resonate with the lifestyle of a girl like Masie?
Whisper cotton range is a superior sanitary pad. Soft and absorbent like all the other pads, it is the superior cotton like no other. It is breathable and soft as a cloud, leaving you feeling like it is a non-period day.
You can find more about Whisper cotton range here.
Your demo needs to be simple to understand, impactful, creative, original and feminine. Surprise us with something that Masie would not expect from a sanitary pad brand.
You can create a story that goes with your demo. The demo could be the story, or a key moment into it.
Your video could be used as the basis for the next Whisper campaign. While the quality of creative execution is not the most important, we are looking for a great idea and a strong story that young women will instinctively connect with.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example could be: We see a winter landscape, covered in immaculate, pure snow. Three women are playing in the snow, building a snowman. But it starts raining… The snowman will melt. One woman magically stretches out to the sky (she becomes a giant in the process) and picks up clouds to build a protective layer above the snowman. The cloud absorbs the rain, while leaving the snowman in pristine white condition. A voice-over explains that Whisper cotton pads have high absorbency, leaving them dry and they are as light and comfortable as wearing a cloud! The women take pictures of the snowman on their phones while giggling.
A bad example could be: A woman, wearing a white pair of trousers is invited to dance but shies away as she is having her period. Her friend takes a Whisper cotton pad from her bag and pours some sauce onto it to show that there is no risk of leaking. The woman is now dancing confidently and we can see that her white trousers are immaculate. It is a bad example as it is very clichéd. It looks like any other TVC for such products. Can we be more original that that?
We are looking for videos that depict young women in positive light. Whisper cotton wants to communicate to these young women in an approachable, yet feminine and emotionally relevant way
- #1 Prize €6,000
- #2 Prize €4,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
- #4 Prize €2,000
- #5 Prize €2,000
Video or animation, up to 45 secs.
We are looking to change the perception of Whisper cotton to make it more appealing to young women, shifting away from a dry scientific discourse to a more emotional, creative and engaging one. We are looking for creativity and originality yet your idea needs to resonate with modern young women like Masie. It also needs to communicate the superiority of Whisper cotton.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries in English or subtitled in English.
- Don’t use any other brands than Whisper in your entry. If you don't have access to Whisper use another product without showing the brand.
- You can find the Whisper logo and picture of Whisper packshot here.
- Please do not submit entries with sexual or offensive content.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.