Help reinvent Knorr Hot Savoury Snacks communication.
Snacking is a growing trend in foods as people are busy at work or school, and eating more on the go. Having small snacks in between meals throughout the day to keep them going is fast becoming a norm.
Imagine you’ve just been hired as the Marketing Director of Knorr Hot Savoury Snacks, a division of the global food company Knorr. Knorr’s hired you for your creativity and imagination and to bring fresh thinking back into the way Knorr Hot Savoury Snacks communicates its range of snack foods.
Knorr Hot Savoury Snacks makes snacks such as pasta pots, noodle pots, rice pots, potato (mash) pots and block noodles (instant noodles in a pack). They’re simple to make by adding hot water, and it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
How would you reinvent the way Knorr communicates its hot savoury snacks range so that it stands out from other hot savoury snacks in a way that is uniquely Knorr?
Shake things up with an original poster and tagline that are uniquely Knorr and that will excite people about Knorr’s range of snacks.
We would like you to create a poster that illustrates your idea, which could be used to inspire a Knorr Hot Savoury Snacks campaign. It should include a visual, a tagline, and a description of your idea.
Knorr wants to avoid sounding too generic or like any other food that simply offers “taste and convenience”. Your challenge is to communicate Knorr Hot Savoury Snacks in a way that is different from other brands and will stand out from the crowd, and yet is still uniquely Knorr.
In your explanation, please answer the following questions:
- Tell us about your idea for a poster. Why is it unique?
- How is your idea uniquely Knorr?
Help reinvent the way Knorr Hot Savoury Snacks communicates to its snackers.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
You can feature a product but your idea should work across the entire range of Knorr Hot Savoury Snack foods.
An example of a good idea could be a poster showing a woman in the office kitchen. She’s adding hot water to her Knorr snack. There’s a translucent cloud surrounding her that depicts the scene from her snack e.g., Mount Fuji because she’s making Japanese ramen pot noodles. It shows that during her busy day, there are a few minutes that she’s taking for herself to get ready for the rest of the day. The tagline reads “Knorr takes you away for a moment.” This can work across the entire range of Knorr snack foods.
An example of a bad idea would be a poster that shows Knorr cup noodles and talks about its product benefits of being tasty and convenient, with the tagline “Knorr brings you convenience in a cup” because this will not work across the entire range (e.g., block noodles).
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Poster with a tagline + a page of explanation (2 pages PDF)
We will award the most original poster ideas that will inspire their brand and communications, ideas that will convince people to try Knorr Hot Savoury Snacks and create desire for the brand.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English only.
- Visit the Knorr website to know about the products they already have.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.