Help Knorr create a revolution in Hot Savoury Snacks!
What do you reach for when taking a quick break at work during a busy day or between classes, when you’re feeling that growl in your tummy? When you need something more filling than just candy? Something that not only fills you, but also comforts you, even warms you up? What else is there besides the usual – cup noodles or instant noodles, rice pots, or microwaveable mashed potatoes?
Knorr wants to surprise and excite people with new savoury snacks that will grab people’s attention and entice them to try this new product. How can we revolutionise the hot savoury snacking category?
Revolutionise snacking with a new quick to prepare Knorr Hot Savoury Snack that will make people’s mouths water!
In your entry, tell us your idea for a delicious new snack that’s quick to prepare and available in a single portion. Show us what it looks like.
Think about the person who would be interested in this snack. They’re busy and want to eat something warm, quick and easy to prepare in between meals.
What are some of the new benefits they can get from this new product?
Product: Is this a new product? Different ingredients? Is it from a different part of the world and not easily accessible in Europe?
Packaging: Think about a new design, new size, new shape, what do people use to eat it? How does different packaging open up new snacking opportunities?
Place or occasion: Can people enjoy a hot snack when they’re on the go? Where else can they enjoy it? When do they enjoy it?
Please answer the following questions in your entry:
- Who is your food product intended for?
- How does your new idea differ from existing hot savoury foods in the market?
- How does your idea enhance the snacking experience?
We’re looking for your great ideas and they can come in a sketch or a rough drawing as well picture mock-ups.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example might be a single serving of three little microwaveable dim sum in a box that you can reheat. You get variety, it’s light, savouty, hot, fast to eat and brings Asian novelty to the hot savoury snacking experience.
A bad example would be a pizza slices, hot sandwiches, French fries – all these already exist in the European snack food market.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
1 page including 1 visual and 1 paragraph of text (PDF).
We are expecting you to provide two things: an original product idea AND an original packaging idea.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English only.
- Visit the Knorr website to know about the products they already have.
- Your product should be easy to prepare, for example with warm/boiling water or in the microwave; a conventional oven might not be as accessible and take too much time.
- Your entry must have 1 visual, 1 paragraph of text to answer our 3 questions, and be easy to understand.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.