Spread Tropicana’s optimism to inspire, entertain and amaze others!
The aim of this contest is to select three finalists who will shoot videos for Tropicana.
How it works: After reading the full brief, come up with a story for Tropicana and pitch it to us. In order to help us understand the story, you can show us a storyboard (sketches, pictures) of what the scenes will look like, or tell us the story in your own words (story outline). Tropicana will select two finalists who will receive production grants of €3,000 each to produce the video. The finalists selected will win a prize of €9,000, € 5,000 for 1st and 2ndplaces respectively.
There are people who live life with a lot of natural positive energy. Their secret is actually within our reach! It’s Tropicana, a juice made of 100% pure squeezed oranges and nothing else. By using the power of fruits to nourish their everyday optimism, you can feel good inside and out!
Tropicana believes that the natural goodness of fruit brings the best out of people. That the power of fruit can wake your senses, thrill your taste buds and make every moment just that bit better. Tropicana nourishes people’s natural optimism, brings out the best out of them and this optimism can reach others to inspire, entertain or amaze them. Can you make it spread?
Invent an original and surprising story in which Tropicana nourishes someone’s optimism and impact others. Pitch it to us by describing or sketching the key visuals and story elements.
Don't just show happy people drinking orange juice. We want a real story, and to be surprised!
BIG IDEA: You don’t just drink Tropicana, you feel it! Tropicana nourishes your optimism. It awakens your senses, thrills your taste-buds and takes you from ‘just functioning’ to ‘100% alive’. That is why we can say that Tropicana makes you feel good inside and out.
STORYTELLING: Tropicana gives people an optimism that is contagious. The story you tell should be much focused on humans and be emotional. The typical story will show a talent, performing something spectacular or exciting with optimism and joy. This optimism is contagious. Every person who is part of the scene becomes happy and sees life at a new perspective.
Important: Tropicana should be present at each stage and be the center piece of the story. Not only the starter.
OBJECTIVE: Produce a final video of 45 seconds that will be aired on the Internet, in Europe. The final video has to do three things:
- Bring to life the idea that Tropicana nourishes your optimism and spreads to others.
- Create emotions such as surprise, happiness, warmth. .
- Magnify Tropicana’s uniqueness: the power of fresh fruits that comes from the sun. It means you will have to show fresh oranges and a lot of sunshine!.
VISUAL CUES: Sunshine and bright colors are priorities, as well as cues of natural freshness.
BRAND PERSONALITY: optimistic, radiant, positive, vibrant, confident & light-hearted. casual, friendly and respectful, with a smart touch of humor.
Your video pitch has to include:
- A clear and emotionally engaging storyline that conveys Tropicana message of epidemic optimism.
- Examples of your capabilities and best work.
- An introduction of you and your team (tell us why you’re the best person to shoot the video and why YOU should get the grants)
Jury's Prize Video
- #1 Prize €9,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
Jury's Prize Grant
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
Selected finalists will get grants to cover their production expenses.
A video pitch.
The winners of this phase will be those that convince us that they can make the best video. Keep in mind that the final video must be shareable. We are looking for content that has a hook and that can travel on the Internet. It needs to be emotionally strong and convey the brand’s big idea: Tropicana nourishes your optimism.
Guidelines for this contest
- There should be sun and light in the final video.
- When you show fruits, they have to look fresh. They should not be placed artificially.
- Characters should not look at the camera, the situations must be natural, not “staged”.
- Tropicana is rooted in today’s modern world. Today’s world is active and fast-paced and consumers thrive within it.
- Please avoid nostalgic or rustic settings.
- Favor leisure rather than sport settings.
- For the final video, we encourage you to use sound design and music to create a pace that matches the upbeat rhythms of life today. The music to be used is this one.
- Look at Tropicana’s last ad.
- Avoid stories that are used by competitors: Eden’s garden, my grand parents’ orchard, amusement park and personified fruits.
- Your pitch should be in English or French.
- The final two videos should have little or no dialog - we are going to use these videos in different countries, so little or no dialog would be ideal. Make sure your pitch addresses this point.
- The final video will be heavily amplified on-line. It must have high-quality production values.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.