Show the world how mischievous, entertaining and clever your cat is!
What does the world look like from the point of view of a clever cat? Or what antics and mischievous little things does he get up to that really shows off his character and personality as the loveable, clever cat that he is?
FELIX cat food is irresistibly tasty, and Felix will do anything for his As Good As It Looks™ meaty chunks in jelly. He loves it for its delicious taste and is up to his usual loveable mischief when he is happy, healthy and satisfied.
Cat owners can relate to the animated Felix black and white cat that is everything a real cat should be. Smart, resourceful, unpredictable, opportunistic, cheeky and loves his food. It is his individual personality, cleverness and playful nature that makes Felix so loveable, just like their own cat.
The PURINA FELIX team wants your help to shoot engaging and entertaining videos of a clever cat doing clever little things that really show off his individual cat personality.
Create a video that shows the entertaining, clever things your cat gets up to that really show off his individual personality.
In a high quality 30-second film, surprise us with something clever that your cat can do especially well, that’s unique to him. Delight us with the fun and magic that comes with living with a clever little rascal!
We want to put a surprised smile on people’s faces, get them to watch it right to the end, and share your entertaining and clever video that shows your cat’s individual personality – we want to see his independence, cleverness and playful nature shine through.
We are looking for videos that are surprising and clever, that will make people sit up and take notice and want to share with their friends!
You are not required to show the cat food in your video unless it plays a part in the story narrative. ‘The Entertainer’ music file is also optional, and can be used as background music to the video. Please do not edit the music.
Please ensure you have the FELIX tagline ‘Clever Cats Get FELIX’ logo running in the bottom right-hand corner constantly throughout your video. You can refer to the Specific Guidelines for where to download the assets.
The winning videos will be showed on social media and other digital platforms where viewers will have the option to skip it. The first few seconds of your video must show a FELIX cat illustration (static or animated) to relate strongly back to the brand identity. You can refer to the Specific Guidelines for where to download the assets.
If text is used in your video, please use:
- Headlines: CG Benguiat Frisky Bold
- Body Copy: CG Benguiat Frisky Normal
- You can download the free fonts here.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good video submission might be of a cat playing a game where it needs to guess which container hides the jingle bell after the containers have been mixed around. The cat can guess which container hides the jingle bell over and over again! What a clever cat!
A bad example might be a video of a cat that is very cute but isn’t really doing anything except looking cute. He isn’t doing anything active, he isn’t being clever. He just looks cute and purrs as his owner rubs his belly after enjoying his meal.
- #1 Prize €10,000
- #2 Prize €6,000
- #3 Prize €4,000
Video – 30 seconds.
The winning entries will be ones that best show the clever things about your cat’s unique personality in the best light possible. We want to see the idea of your cat being the “clever cat” shine through in ways that are entertaining, loveable, playful, cheeky or witty that will bring a smile to people’s faces.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please download all FELIX brand assets from this link.
- Your clever cat should be the star of the video. If people are required, please do not show their faces, so as to not distract from the cat.
- Do not include any other pets in your video (no dogs, birds, fish…).
- If the cat is filmed outdoors, it must be wearing a collar, bell and ID tag.
- The task should not involve any danger to the cat or people making the content.
- Do not depict the cat in a dangerous/unsafe setting or circumstance, or in any predatory behavior (e.g., killing).
- The cat’s cleverness should be something the cat can realistically do, not doing something that a cat cannot possibly do, e.g., a cat cannot speak human language or DJ.
- The cat should be healthy looking and not show signs of distress or stress.
- All content should only show responsible pet ownership.
- The cat must not be in costume.
- Please do not show other product brands.
- Please submit entries in English or with English subtitles.
- Please do not submit entries with indecent, offensive or inappropriate content.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.