Invent new Kellogg’s cereals products to delight Brits at breakfast and all day long.
From fields to families, Kellogg’s offers to kids and adults delicious snacks and breakfasts to be enjoyed throughout the day. Kellogg’s has many famous brands such as: Rice Krispies, Special K, Coco Pops, and Corn Flakes etc.
For people, Kellogg’s means fun and tasty moments at breakfast.
Kellogg’s needs your help to create new snacks or cereal products to delight even more adults and families in the UK.
Invent new cereals products that fit into one of the followings trends: detox, heritage and provenance.
The brand Kellogg’s looks to innovate and create new cereals, bars or biscuits based on three trends they have observed in the UK.
Please read the details of each orientation carefully.
- DETOX: It’s about cereal foods that do good to your body. It’s food with a benefit because it contains natural sources of nutrients, antioxidants and good fats. It’s inspired by the need that people have to be more cautious about what they eat. Ingredients included in such formulas contains coconut water, hemp, cacao, goji, flax etc.
- HERITAGE/NOSTALGIA: it’s about products that are simple, truthful, authentic and less processed. It’s inspired by a vintage trend and by the fact that some people have nostalgia of the cereals they were eating as kids.
- PROVENANCE: it’s about products that are produced locally, close to you and very natural. It’s less processed too and it’s honest. Products there have a strong personality, they are for people who care about the environment, hence the origins of their food.
Pick one route and create a full concept.
Tell us about the product: name; formula; ingredients, cereal, bar or biscuit; hot or cold; breakfast or any time of the day; at home or on the go.
Create the packaging and group both in two sided document (please find some examples in the TIPS)
You are not obliged to create an idea for the three themes, although we believe that if you are able to create for one, you can also do well for the others.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Here are examples of ideas that would work for this contest. Just examples, please invent your own!
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Product design (visual) and one paragraph of text. (1 page PDF only)
We are expecting you to provide two things: a product idea and a packaging idea. The entries will be judged on the criteria of novelty and also relevance to the three themes.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please submit entries in English.
- Visit Kellogg’s website to know about the products they already have.
- If you’d like to know more about the brand’s personality, please check this ad.
- Please download and use the template from the toolkit to create your entry.
- You’ll find the logo in the toolkit
- Remember your target is the UK.
- If you want to create ideas based on each theme, please submit each one in a different file.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.