Pitch us a creative story that shows that women can BAM with a purpose!
The aim of this contest is to select three finalists who will shoot their videos for Easy-Off BAM Power Cleaner Grease & Sparkle (or Cillit Bang in some countries .
How it works:
After reading the full brief, you will come up with a story for Easy-Off BAM Power Cleaner Grease & Sparkle and pitch it to us in a video. In order to help us understand the story, please show us a storyboard (sketches, pictures) of what the scene will look like. We will select the best ones and the Brand will pick three finalists. These three finalists will receive production grants (€3,000 each) to produce the video and pay any actors to star in the final video. The finalists selected will win a prize (of €10,000, € 6,000 and €3,000 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places respectively).
Grease is not easy to remove. In fact, without the right product, it’s almost impossible. Grease cells stick together, making it difficult to remove with just water and soap. All too often, you are left with sticky and tough-to-remove grease spots after dealing with oily foods. How can you win the fight against grease?
Luckily, Easy-Off BAM Power Cleaner Grease & Sparkle is here to the rescue! Kick grease in the butt with very little effort so that so that you can do more with your life. BAM is a badass at destroying grease, forcing it to separate into small cells, which can be wiped off easily. The coolest bit – it does it in seconds. That’s why it’s the BEST weapon against grease stains out there (you can learn more about it in the video in the “guidelines” section).
BAM is looking to demonstrate this jaw-dropping power. But here’s the twist – they don’t want it to be boring, they want it to be completely crazy, over-the-top but also purposeful. Can BAM’s power against grease be put to greater good in helping people or communities who need it the most? Your job is to pitch us a loud, wild, original but possible story of how BAM’s power against grease can be put to good use to help the community. Pitch us a crazy but emotionally relevant and fun story that BAM will want to shoot!
Pitch us your over-the-top, thrilling and entertaining story that shows how BAM can improve people's lives, helping them eliminate grease to truly benefit them and their communities.
OBJECTIVE: We want to tell a story that shows how BAM can improve people's lives! A story that shows how Easy-Off BAM Power Cleaner Grease & Sparkle helps people eliminate grease easily and effectively to truly benefit them and their communities.
Part of our story must be a clear product demonstration to show how BAM cleans quickly and effectively, but the story must go beyond this to show the sort of emotional benefits this cleaning can bring to people or communities. What might it mean to those whose previously greasy dirty situation is now quickly and easily sparkling clean? How might their lives improve? What benefits will they enjoy? What is suddenly possible? What can they now do that they couldn't do before? Show us how their lives change for the better!
Of course, our story should be told in the fun, over-the-top way that we expect of BAM!
BIG IDEA: BAM cuts through grease so quickly and effectively that it makes cleaning thrilling and fun and improves people's lives!
TONE OF VOICE: Fun and full-on.
CONTEXT: BAM isn’t just about cleaning – it's about how lives improve because of the cleaning! And it doesn't have to be about a household kitchen – for example, take BAM to a shelter kitchen where there is a multitude of grease, or an oil rig, or a greasy workshop! You decide – just show BAM in any extreme cleaning situation that is believable. The main thing is to dramatize the emotional benefit BAM's cleaning power can bring to people or communities.
Tell us a story that shows how BAM improves people's lives!
PRODUCT DEMO: A product demo is mandatory but it shouldn’t be a scientific product explanation. Use your imagination to explain how grease is eliminated through BAM, forcing it to separate into small cells that can be wiped off easily.
You can bring the product demo to life on a large scale, as in an assembly line for example or cleaning a mechanic’s tools in workshops across the country. Or you can use grease and street art to showcase your product demo. The more over-the-top the story the better. You decide!
Don't film your final story yet but “pitch” your idea to us in a short video that explains the story, the shooting technique you plan to use and what you’ve done before (i.e., link to videos on similar topics or other topics with same shooting technique). The final film length should be approximately 60 seconds.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- A clear and emotionally engaging storyline that shows BAM’s greater purpose in improving people’s lives, helping those who need it most;
- A storyboard that explains your fun and over-the-top story that shows BAM's effectiveness in eliminating grease
- Make sure you explain the product demo in detail;
- A show reel of your capabilities and best work;
- An introduction to you and your team;
- Tell us why you’re the best person to shoot the video.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Those with the best pitches will shoot their BAM videos for an online campaign in Australia so your BAM story must be fun, engaging, and stop people in their tracks.
It is vital give BAM a greater purpose by linking your story to the big idea of helping people or communities in meaningful ways.
A good example of helping people or communities would be a shelter kitchen where the fryers, when the cook turned them on in the morning, causing an unbelievably greasy mess in the kitchen. And it’s just 4 hours before lunchtime! Here comes the BAM Cleaning Crew to the rescue! Helping to put the kitchen back in sparkling order, allowing the shelter to continue their lunch preparations in no time at all, and feeding a multitude of hungry, grateful people.
A bad example might be one woman giving a friend advice about how to best clean her kitchen in a heart-to-heart talk over tea; this is because this neither helps a community nor is it very over-the-top, funny or full-on.
We want people to view the video and go totally bonkers, excited to try the product for themselves. Go extreme and think of crazy situations where grease is always present. Don’t restrict yourself to the kitchen or kitchen grease, but keep it to a believably greasy environment.
Important: BAM is a fun brand, so keep your story positive, dynamic and entertaining! No sob stories.
Jury's Prize Video
- #1 Prize €10,000
- #2 Prize €6,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
Jury's Prize Grant
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
Selected finalists will get grants to cover their production expenses.
Pitch video featuring storyboards or pictures. Check out this article about pitch videos to help you.
We want original and fun stories, set outside your own kitchen, that give BAM a bigger purpose than simply cleaning the kitchen – a purpose that helps people or communities in meaningful but funny, over-the-top ways. Remember people are bombarded with cleaning products daily, so we need to engage them emotionally and elevate BAM by showing the emotional benefits that quick and effective cleaning with BAM brings to people or communities. Make sure you entertain them and convince them they must try it.
We need a product demo that clearly links to the product benefits.
The Brand will select video makers based on their over-the-top pitch story, and previous projects that show what they can do. Go crazy!
Guidelines for this contest
- Your story has to be creative and original. It must give BAM a purpose in improving people's lives where it is needed the most. Please make sure it’s something implementable and realistic (e.g., cleaning the moon is quite impossible);
- Your entry must include a product demo that is related to cleaning;
- Please submit entries in English;
- Please don’t use it on humans or animals;
- You can watch videos that explain the power of BAM against grease cells here, here, here and here (BAM is known as Cillit Bang in some countries).
- You can learn more about the products here.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.