In an impactful and simple print ad, show us that, thanks to Downy/Lenor, clothes are protected from damage OR show that they are protected from odors!
Because there’s more to caring for fabrics than just keeping them clean, fabric conditioners exist.
They bring softness & freshness to clothes. Their scents are almost part of the family’s identity. But life is aggressive towards fabric. And clothes get damaged. They are worn because of recurrent wearing, washing, ironing, twisting etc. So people get nervous washing their clothes because they know they will start to get ruined once they wash them. So we end up with the paradox of not wearing our favorite clothes… since we don’t want to wash them!
Another issue clothes face is bad odors. Sometimes, after going to a restaurant, after having cooked at home, after having been in tight quarters with other people, or even after staying in closets for too long, clothes smell bad… and people hate it. Covering this up with nice smelling scents helps, but it’s always better to attack the problem head on.
With Downy/Lenor, clothes can live a longer and scented life!
Downy/Lenor does two things:
- it protects clothing inside the wash from damage, distortion, and fading, and
- it protects clothing outside of the wash from the accumulation of bad odors on clothes.
How could you express one or the other benefit creatively in a print ad?
Create an impactful print ad that brings to life how Downy/Lenor protects fabric OR prevents bad odors from clinging to clothes and neutralizes them.
The idea is NOT to find a way to combine these two benefits into one print.
What we’re asking you is to pick ONE benefit and express it creatively in an impactful, self-explanatory and simple print ad.
Imagine that you’ve created this new and incredibly useful product! You want to reach out to the world to let them know it’s the end of an era; the era of getting your favorite shirt fading and getting so worn you can’t wear it anymore. It’s also the end of the era where after a great lunch at the Korean barbecue you felt like your needed to throw away your clothes…
Fabric protection and odor prevention are new! Yes, it is exciting!
Be inventive in promoting it to people who don’t know about it. Speak to their heart, portray situations they could relate to, move them, or make them laugh! Any tone of voice works as long as it’s emotional and authentic. It should not be too specific culturally in order to inspire people from London, Manila or New-York.
Downy/Lenor is the same brand but it’s called different things in different places. Pick one brand and use it in your print.
Your print ad should include a key visual and a text that explains your idea.
Very important: you have to create one print for either fabric protection or odor prevention. If you have ideas for both benefits, please create two print ads. State clearly which benefit is expressed in your print ad.
Good quality of the execution is not required, as long as a brilliant idea is there!
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Good idea for fabric protection | To show how the fibers of your clothes are protected, you could show a close-up of fibers with halo of light around each fiber. It expresses the strength that comes from the fibers and the fact that they can face what life will take them through… because they are protected from inside.
Good Idea for odor prevention | Someone is travelling back home and taking the subway. It’s very crowed and it’s not a very pleasant atmosphere. When he goes back home, he does not want to bring the subway crowd with him. Your print ad could show a visualization of the guy leaving the subway, as he’s arrived at destination. The subway stays in the subway, and does not follow the guy to his house.
Bad idea | just a visualization of someone opening a washing machine and smelling a garment. Not new and not on brief. Or, a shield visualization of the action of the conditioner. It is very over used in laundry communication. Please avoid this type of ideas.
- #1 Prize €1,500
- #2 Prize €600
- #3 Prize €400
Print ad: Photo or illustration with text explanation (2 pages in total, PDF only).
We are expecting simple, easy to understand print ads. Prizes will go to the print ads that speak immediately to people while being creative and original.
Guidelines for this contest
- Download logo from toolkit.
- Remember: work on either fabric protection OR odor prevention.
- If you have multiple ideas, upload multiples ideas.
- Entries are accepted in English
- Your submission should include a print (visual) and a short paragraph of text.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.