Delight the world with an unexpected peek into your neighbourhood.
Imagine exploring a new city off the beaten track and stumbling onto gems and hideouts that the locals frequent, experiencing them through the unique lens of a local enthusiast. What amazing and unexpected surprises might you discover?
On Airbnb.com, rent unique places to stay from local hosts in almost every city you can imagine. You can choose shared rooms or whole apartments, lighthouses or tree houses; you can even stay in a castle! You don’t feel like a tourist who only experiences what everybody else has seen; you become part of the neighbourhood and live like a local. You belong.
Whichever city you live in, what about you and your own story? What stories could you share to inspire visitors to book a stay with Airbnb, to experience your city as you see it?
Create a video that shows the interesting, unexpected little things that will delight visitors with a peek into your neighbourhood.
Tell us about your favorite places or experiences in a high quality 60-second film, showing the joy you get when you feel like you belong somewhere. What is the most interesting place or thing in your neighbourhood that a visitor must see? Why is it special to you?
We are looking for videos that are genuine and inviting, to show viewers what that world would look like, and how a stay with Airbnb will transport them into that wonderful new world.
Your video should inspire viewers to share your story online. Inspire them with simplicity and beauty, and avoid clichés and cheesiness.
Whether a local neighbourhood gem or the lesser-known places in your city, show personal, unexpected and unique experiences in a fun and surprising manner. Airbnb is interested in you sharing how you felt when you discovered that person or place, and the things that you found interesting and exciting. The feeling of belonging through shared moments is what we’re looking for, not dry historical facts.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example about Bangkok might be a trip to the vintage night market. It’s a mix of food and vintage merchandise. Some shops look really eerie and many have nobody manning them. It’s like an open museum for all to marvel at. Bring to life these sights, sounds and smells that are quintessentially Bangkok.
A clichéd example about Paris might be the Eiffel Tower that everyone knows, showing traditional views of the city. We are not looking to be the video version of yet another travel guidebook.
- #1 Prize €8,000
- #2 Prize €6,000
- #3 Prize €4,000
- #4 Prize €2,000
Video – 60 seconds including the opening frame of 6 sec and the end frame of 1 sec available in the guidelines.
Make sure your creative execution is as strong as your story in order to entice and inspire visitors to travel to your city and book a stay through Airbnb. Create an emotional bond between the viewer and your city, and draw them into your world.
The winning entries will be ones that best show the unexpected things about a place that make visitors desire the Airbnb experience.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your video must be genuine and personal. It should not look like an advertisement.
- You must use the both the opening frame and end frame provided in your video. Please download the assets from here.
- The video will be used on various platforms, including the Airbnb website. It must be high quality. We are looking for videos with good creative execution that can be used straightaway.
- Please submit entries in English or with English subtitles.
- Please do not submit entries with sexual or offensive content.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.