Create a concept for a healthy, original and flavorful salad meal.
Not much time for lunch? Need to balance out that huge meal at lunchtime? Going for a stroll in the sun? Or need to grab a light bite before going to the gym? Florette has just what you need for all these situations, and more! As a big name specialist in fresh vegetables, Florette guarantees freshness, convenience and quality above all.
It is the #1 producer of fresh, ready to eat salad, fruit and vegetables in Europe. The Florette brand can be found in superstores across France, Great Britain, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Belgium and Germany, and supplies products to certain fast "good" food companies (i.e. food on the go without the junk!).
From the farm to the table, Florette offers fresh salad and vegetables for every taste and season. There are the classic salads (lettuce, lamb's lettuce, rocket), the mixed cut raw vegetables (beetroot, carrot, cabbage), and the entrée platters with mixed cut raw vegetables, salad bowls or sliced fruit. The range also contains sauces, fresh herbs and dressings to garnish the salads. (see "guidelines" on product sheet).
Florette understands that, nowadays, our increasingly busy lives are having an impact on how we eat. We tend to spread our meals out across the day, sneaking in a little snack before exercising, in the car or in front of the computer. And yet, we still crave good snack food that is healthy, fresh and nutritious.
Giving consumers what they need is a top priority for Florette, which is why they are now looking to create some brand new salads suitable for any day or occasion.
Come up with a brand new idea for a healthy and delicious salad meal (using salad or cut raw vegetables) that busy people can really enjoy without sacrificing either the joy of eating or a balanced diet.
We need you to come up with a new product for the Florette brand. This means that you must not only come up with the concept and the recipe (including the sauce), but also with the packaging/design and the context in which the snack would be consumed.
We're looking for completely original ideas, not regurgitations of tired old ones!
Your target consumer is cosmopolitan, active and dynamic. They are likely to be a woman, but don't rule out men entirely! Your product will be sold in supermarkets.
You have free reign over your recipe's ingredients. It should be more than just a simple salad but must remain a salad nonetheless (i.e. it must contain salad and/or cut raw vegetables).
Vegetable proteins would be a great ingredient to include - that's lentils, chick peas, cereals, nuts, grains, dried fruit, etc. They're tasty and super filling. Explore everything that vegetable proteins have to offer, while retaining a great-tasting product.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
You can draw inspiration from world cuisine, street food, fast good food and of course from your own appetite and tastes!
You may well be the future consumers of Florette snacks! Tell us what you're dreaming of!
Inspired by salad bars, a great idea would involve creating a customizable salad. People could buy the base, for example pasta or rice, and choose from a number of additional ingredients (mushrooms, grains, cheese, bacon, etc.) to create a salad to their own taste. The packaging should contain a central compartment for the base, then small compartments to be filled with 3 or 4 additional products.
Another example of a product for this contest: inspired by Singaporean cooking, Florette could create a roti prata + salad kit.
Roti prata is a type of flour-based pancake. It's flexible and is normally served with a spicy sauce. The Florette kit would use the roti prata as a wrap for the mixed salad (lentils and cooked vegetables, bulgur wheat and cut raw vegetables for example). Delicious, innovative and healthy!
An example of a bad idea would be a ready to eat Niçoise salad for 2 with a choice of seasoning, in packaging that preserves freshness. This would not be original in the slightest.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentations: design and explanatory text (PDF with a maximum of 5 pages).
The panel will favor highly original products only. The best ideas will be highly innovative, at the same time with the capacity to reach a wide audience. Thinking about the pressures that people face these days will help you propose a product that meets their needs, while staying true to the Florette spirit: freshness and imagination!
Guidelines for this contest
Specific guidelines for this contest
- Cover all aspects of the product: recipes, packaging (shape and graphic design) and consumption context. Tell us the story behind your idea: who it is for, when and where it will be eaten...
- Keep in mind the brand's positioning (specialist in fresh vegetables, premium, with a local focus, using products from farming cooperatives/providing a source of creative inspiration regarding fresh vegetables and fruit) and the brand's essence (joyful, creative, foodie, modern, environmentally aware).
- Download the logo from the toolkit and use it in your presentation.
- Click here to view the advertising campaign.
- As we are focusing chiefly on ideas, quality of execution is less important.
- Entries must be written in French or English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.