Show us your support to creativity and freedom of speech. #jesuischarlie
On January 7th, an attack occurred in Paris, at the office of Charlie Hebdo, a French satirical newspaper. Terrorists killed 12 persons, among which were cartoonists, journalists and policemen, and wounded 10 others.
Since then, the world is shocked and beyond the borders of France, people react and share their emotions. The words “Je suis Charlie”, French for “I am Charlie”, have been used by people to pay tribute to the people killed and to show support to the newspaper. Many people have replaced their profile picture by a black image with these words.
At eYeka we are Charlie too!
We believe creativity has amazing powers. Since the beginning we give a voice to all creators and today we'd like to allow you to express your feelings about freedom of speech, about free press and about how creativity can set us free.
In a drawing, a cartoon or a poster, share with us your thoughts and feelings about the freedom to create.
We will accept any visual that relates to freedom of speech, cartoonists, creativity and its impact on our lives.
Feel free to add text to your visual and please use the hashtag #jesuischarlie
There is no prize money to win. This contest is the opportunity to share your thoughts and fight, pacifically for something we all believe in.
We want to let you express your feelings but these must be positive. Don’t encourage violence and hatred.
If you don’t know much or don’t understand what happened or if you’re interested in knowing more about the people who were killed, please read the Wikipedia article.
We will send your images to Charlie Hebdo, to show them your support. We will also publish the best ones in a dedicated post on social networks.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Be sincere and simply share what’s in your heart.
- #1 Prize The best ones will be published (€0)
- #2 Prize The best ones will be published (€0)
- #3 Prize The best ones will be published (€0)
- #4 Prize The best ones will be published (€0)
- #5 Prize The best ones will be published (€0)
- #6 Prize The best ones will be published (€0)
- #7 Prize The best ones will be published (€0)
- #8 Prize The best ones will be published (€0)
- #9 Prize The best ones will be published (€0)
- #10 Prize The best ones will be published (€0)
We will be sensitive to the message your print conveys. Shall it be emotional, satirical, even humorous, as soon as it’s authentic and unfeigned, we’ll like it.
Guidelines for this contest
- We will reject any print that points the finger at a specific group of people.
- We will reject posters that encourage violence and hatred.
- Entries are accepted in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Indonesian and Russian.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Your media has to be your own work to be considered into the contest.
- If you have any work (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that is not your own, please state it in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you have used is/are your own creation.
- Any media that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.