Bring French know-how to life in a new and disruptive graphic design for Lesieur oils and condiments.
Lesieur is the leading oil brand in France. The brand was created in 1908 and represents culinary know-how and quality. Importantly enough, Lesieur is a French brand and they’d like to find a way to communicate this in their packaging.
Lesieur offers a wide range of oil and dressings as well as condiments. They are food preparation products that are added to food to add flavor to or complement a dish. Their main products are sunflower oil, mayonnaise and ketchup. Typically, people will use oil to cook and fry or to make a dressing for a salad, mayonnaise with cold meat, salads or fish, and ketchup with French fries.
Lesieur is looking for new visual codes to communicate French quality and know-how.
Wow us with your graphic design ideas for Lesieur, to express French know-how and quality.
Your graphic designs should be implemented on three products: sunflower oil, mayonnaise and ketchup. (templates are provided).
The graphic design must be strong and recognizable. The three designs must be consistent with one another and be part of an overall concept that we’d like you to describe.
Give us details about your idea. Please answer two questions:
- How is Frenchiness communicated in your design
- What elements express quality and know-how.
Lesieur is looking for premium visual codes that will work internationally.
These products are sold in North and Middle Africa, the Middle-East, Asia, Europe and France. Your visual codes shall then be obvious and universal.
Everyone looking at your graphic design would interpret it as meaning Frenchiness, quality and know-how.
Lesieur is happy to make big changes on their packaging. Be bold and surprise us!
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
If you look at the actual design, you’ll notice a French flag under the logo. Think about other ways to communicate Frenchiness and quality. It can be through patterns, symbols, icons. Anything that will be understood by everyone.
Also you can notice that there are pictures of food on the actual packaging. This can be removed or modernized.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Graphic designs, illustration and text (PDF only).
To be accepted, your entry needs to contain three graphic designs. Our client will select as winners ideas the ones that have the potential to be understood internationally and those that best communicate the positioning of “French know-how”. Clients will also be focused on the boldness of designs.
Guidelines for this contest
- If you’d like to immerse into the brand’s universe, watch this video.
- Lesieur is premium but it’s not luxury. Avoid black and gold designs.
- Avoid the use of purple as a main color.
- You may not change the shape of the packaging. Only create graphic designs.
- Please keep the logo Lesieur as it is.
- Download the logo and the templates from the toolkit and make sure you upload three graphic designs (but they must be in one single document)
- Answer the mandatory questions.
- Entries are accepted in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.