Entice Japanese women to shift from being “kawaii” because being strong is beautiful!
Clear Japan Women extended
This contest has been extended by one week until 8th February 2015 to give you more time to come up with awesome ideas. So take up the challenge and get creative!
When a woman in her twenties gets into her thirties, she does not want to be “kawaii” anymore (“kawaii” means “cute” in Japanese). She wants to be a woman who has strength of character, confident about who she is and what she wants while being beautiful, elegant and feminine. And the most powerful symbol of her new found strength, as a woman is her hair.
In Japan, CLEAR shampoo is known to provide deep nourishment to women’s hair from the scalp. CLEAR provides nourishment to the scalp as deep as 3 layers into it. Thus the hair is strengthened from the roots where it is made. The result is hair that is genuinely strong, beautiful and exudes confidence and style.
We need your help to create buzz among Japanese women by letting them know that “kawaii” is over, and that strong, stylish hair is a beautiful way to express their inner strength, thanks to CLEAR.
Entice Japanese women to try CLEAR shampoo with an idea or activity (online, outdoor or in shops) where they could experience for themselves that they need to shift from being “kawaii” (cute) to experience that being strong is beautiful.
Moving from just being cute to being stylish, confident and elegant does not mean becoming boring… Be bold and daring so that women can see they can retain the energy and quirkiness of their younger self but with added sophistication!
Before you can entice women to try a product, you need to get their attention. Can you create an environment, a message, a context that they will notice? An idea that will quickly engage them, that will communicate what this product is about, and make them want to give you a few minutes of their precious time?
Don’t forget that these women are busy so anything that takes too long or is too complex is unlikely to work.
You can suggest both ideas for digital and outdoor (offline) activities, or ideas that connect both. With regards to digital activities, please think about what CLEAR could do on popular online, on Youtube, instant messaging, photo sharing apps, on social networks, on other apps or on smartphones. With regards to shopping or outdoor activities, think of ways we can surprise women that are outside (not in their office or at home). These can be in shopping malls, in supermarkets, at public places such as streets, public transportation, shopping districts, etc.
Do not talk about dandruff! We only want to talk about CLEAR providing deep nourishment for strong, beautiful hair. Your idea has to be engaging and something that women would want to try and share with their friends.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example: Imagine a giant fan installed in a busy subway station with models posing in front of it, like an art installation. The models are looking fabulous despite the wind blowing on their hair. Brand ambassadors will be at hand to give away vouchers to women who pass-by so that they could try the shampoo for themselves. People taking picture of the event and tagging it #CLEARwomen will stand a chance to win a free consultation with a top hairstylist.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
PDF – Maximum 5 pages.
We want to show that it is not enough just being cute/kawaii anymore… The best ideas will cleverly and creatively show that strong hair is a sign of being a beautiful, confident woman, while creating a big buzz. We are looking for original digital ideas, promotional ideas, social media campaigns or activities where women will walk away wanting to try CLEAR shampoo. Just giving away samples or throwing “a street party” will not qualify.
Guidelines for this contest
- Think of ideas that are easy to implement.
- Use some dominant colours that match with the brand’s communication in Japan such as black, vivid pink (which are the colors of the packaging), shiny blue (which give a expert/scientific tone), tones of urban cities at night…
- Entries in English only.
- You must include the CLEAR logo in your entry. You can download it here.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.