Show men that being strong is beautiful!
Clear Japan Men extended
This contest has been extended by one week until 8th February 2015 to give you more time to come up with awesome ideas. So take up the challenge and get creative!
Men learn to be strong from a young age. Being strong physically and especially emotionally is a sign of masculinity. This is why as men become more fashion and style conscious, they struggle with wanting to look good, which can be seen as feminine, while still being seen as a strong person, with strong will and confidence.
In Japan, CLEAR shampoo is known to provide deep nourishment to men’s hair from the scalp. CLEAR provides nourishment to the scalp as deep as 3 layers into it. Thus the hair is strengthened from the roots where it is made. The result is hair that is genuinely strong, beautiful and that exudes confidence and style, especially for men.
We need your help to create a big buzz among busy Japanese men to let them know that CLEAR wants to celebrate strong, beautiful men all over Japan, from all walks of life!
Entice Japanese men to try CLEAR shampoo with an idea or activity (online, outdoor or in shops) that will make them understand and experience for themselves that being strong is beautiful.
Before you can entice Japanese men to try a product, you need to get their attention. Can you create an environment, a message, a context that they will notice? An idea that will quickly engage them, that will communicate what your product is about, and make them want to give you a few minutes of their precious time?
Don’t forget that these men are busy so anything that takes too long or is too complex is unlikely to work.
You can suggest both ideas for digital and outdoor (offline) activities, or ideas that connect both. With regards to digital activities, please think about what CLEAR could do online, on Youtube, instant messaging, photo sharing apps, on social networks, on other apps or on smartphones. With regards to shopping or outdoor activities, think of ways we can surprise men that are outside (not in their office or at home). These can be in shopping malls, in supermarkets, at public places such as streets, public transportation, shopping districts, etc.
Do not talk about dandruff! We only want to talk about CLEAR providing deep nourishment for strong, beautiful hair. Your idea has to be engaging and something that men would want to try and share with their friends.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Start putting yourself in a man’s shoes. Think about their day, their activities and what goes into their mind. Think about the tension they experience between wanting to be seen as strong and wanting to look good… Can you help with a simple idea that will show to men that they can start with their hair? Focus on strength of character and confidence more than anything physical.
A good example would be organizing a search for men who have showed strength and resilience in the face of adversity, with CLEAR rewarding the winners.
A bad example would be to have men doing push ups to show their strength to receive free products. This is not about physical strength… And it is cliché, too literal and unlikely to appeal to sophisticated Japanese men.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation, 5 pages max in PDF.
The best ideas will cleverly and creatively show to men that strong beautiful hair is a sign of men’s strength,mental or emotional, and they will walk away wanting to try CLEAR shampoo. We are looking for original digital, promotional ideas, social media campaigns or activities that will create a big buzz. Just giving away samples or throwing “a street party” will not qualify.
Guidelines for this contest
- You entry must be in English.
- Think of ideas that are easy to implement.
- Don’t forget that the strength we are talking about is not physical strength but mental or emotional.
- Use some dominant colours that match with the brand’s communication in Japan such as black, moss green (which are the packaging colors) , shiny blue (which give expert/scientific cues), tones of urban cities at night…
- You must include the CLEAR logo in your entry. You can download it here.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.