How would you show Sumol’s contagious optimism in teens?
Teens hang out in groups all the time and their groups play an important role in their sense of identity and how they approach life in their teenage years. In every group you have kids who face life with a smile, choose to enjoy the day with a chilled and happy-go-lucky spirit. These are the teens that everyone wants to have around because their optimistic view of life is contagious, pulls everyone else along and uplifts the entire group. They spread good vibes and fun times to the world and it’s very infectious.
Sumol is a fruit-based carbonated soft drink that is the market leader in Portugal and present in over 50 countries. The four key flavors are: Lemon, Passion Fruit, Pineapple and Orange (made with real juice and fruit bits). It’s extremely delicious, fresh and enjoyable and it represents an always positive, fun, creative attitude to life. The brand stands for the sunnier side of life and their motto is – the Sumol effect: Contagious Optimism!
We want you to create a video or animation with your interpretation of this viewpoint in a way that would connect with teens (15-18), entertain them and encourage them to surrender to the Sumol effect's contagiousness.
How can you encourage teens to spread the Sumol optimism effect to the rest of the world?
Your entry should be truthful, powerful, fun and unpretentious. Make a video/animation that demonstrates the message that “when you are optimistic, and cheerful, you inspire other people to grasp a similar approach to life”. Please send in your personal expression of this view in an original and creative way that would be relatable to teens (nothing too unrealistic).
Please don’t present a bad situation dealt in a positive way. Focus on the “contagious” part of the Sumol optimism, it is a trigger to others to join you and catch on to the same spirit of positiveness and optimism. Think of a “ripple effect” that spreads from the joyful drinker to his friends, to their friends, etc. The goal is to make teens smile, feel good and be inspired to live this approach. Stimulate them into connecting with the brand and drink Sumol.
There is truth to their saying; the drink really uplifts the spirit, as it tastes amazing - it’s cool, not too sweet and is full of bubbles. Communicate the benefits of the drink on teens’ mood and attitude towards life. Think of a creative and original execution, otherwise you might get a cliché entry that they won’t connect with.
Entertain them and speak about issues they care about, in a fun and unique way.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Sumol is mostly interested in your idea: how fresh, inspiring and powerful at connecting with the audience it is. However, while your idea is definitely the most important part, we do encourage you to bring it to life with good production – pay attention to the quality.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Here is an example of a cliché idea for this brief, please don’t make it as cheesy or expected. We are looking for a similar message but with an original twist so please add a big dash of your creative and unique thinking:
A guy is sitting with his study group. They are all studying and he does so while whistling and smiling, he is obviously delighted; he has a bottle of Sumol in his hand and takes sips from time to time. Everyone else is studying, in a bland, grey mood. The guy whistles stronger and the rest of the group start to move their heads, tapping their fingers and whistling along with him. They form a big whistling song and create a big party and have the best time ever.
- #1 Prize €8,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
- #4 Prize €2,000
- #5 Prize €2,000
Video or animation – 60 seconds max (you can make it shorter, keep it dynamic and engaging).
We want to find the best way to spread the “Contagious Optimism” message to teens in a truly creative and inspiring way- don’t do anything too unrealistic. Your hero should be someone that has a good vibe. He is drinking Sumol because there is no other drink for people who embrace a positive attitude towards life. His way triggers the optimism effect and gets everyone on board. Create a surprising, upbeat and fun expression that teens will watch and share. Please don’t present the motto in a “wannabe”, cliché or condescending manner. Talk to them in a way that they would talk to one another.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please submit entries in English or Portuguese.
- Please include one short paragraph with an explanation about your idea - why you think it will appeal to teens, how it demonstrates the “contagious optimism” strategy and what makes it original and creative.
- Don’t be vulgar or offensive.
- Please include a packshot and logo in your entry. You can download them here.
- Please include the Sumol tagline: "Can You Feel It? SUMOL"
- You can read more about Sumol here.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.