Show moms why it’s always best to give children what is specially made for them.
Would you give a toddler a handsaw for a toy or let them drive your car? Hopefully your answer was “Of course not”. It is obvious, almost ridiculous; this is not the right tool for a child of that age.
Then isn’t it obvious that liquid milk is not the perfect food for children aged between 1 and 5 years?
Children at that age need a Specialized Nutrition, very different from adults! A Special Nutrition made just for them is fundamental for their proper physical and mental development during this stage of life.
Children have completely different needs than adults to have a proper physical and mental development, and they cannot get that nutrition from liquid milk. For example:
- Children are still growing up, they need to grow approximately 6 cm per year, which is why they need 4 times more Zinc, 3 times more Iron and more amount of calcium than adults, nutriments that NIDO has.
- Children have a stomach that is 4 times smaller than the stomach of an adult, that is why they need less protein to prevent having obesity. NIDO has 5.4gr of protein per glass and liquid milk has 9g of protein per glass.
- Children from 1 to 3 are discovering the world through their mouth, that’s why they are vulnerable to getting sick, so they need to be protected with Probiotics, Prebiotics, Iron and Zinc, nutriments that NIDO Kinder has, and liquid milk doesn’t.
- Children from 1 to 3 sometimes they don’t eat well or they even stop eating, that is why they need a Specialized Nutrition to complement their diet to prevent them having malnutrition.
- Children from 3 years and up start to go to school and start developing their learning skills, that’s why they need nutriments such as DHA which helps their brain development, nutriment that NIDO Pre-Escolar has, and liquid milk doesn’t.
Yet, many people give their children the same milk than the rest of the family (in Mexico, 84 % of children from 1 to 5 consume liquid milk). Why? Simply because moms don’t know… Moms think liquid milk gives the same nutrition to their children and they are not really aware of the importance of giving them specialized nutrition.
NIDO from Nestlé offers dairy based products that provide specialized nutrition to cover the most important nutritional needs of each stage from 1 to 5 years old. And that is something that ordinary liquid milk can’t do.
Moms should be aware of this. And we need your help to do it!
Create a strong, educative poster with a tagline, that explains to moms how in life, it’s always better to get what’s best for you, like Nestlé NIDO is the best Specialized Nutrition for children.
Your poster should demonstrate to moms that NIDO is their best ally and that it’s important to give their children aged between 1 and 5 years Specialized Nutrition rather than liquid milk.
Your poster will be used online, at doctors', in supermarkets. It should be educative.
It means that at the end, your audience has learnt something. They are now convinced that toddlers should drink specialized nutrition rather than generic liquid milk.
The tone of voice needs to keep in mind that NIDO is the best ally for mothers. You can be humorous, serious, off beat or surprising. But keep in mind we are looking for posters that will make an impact! Moms must be hooked and share this with their friends.
There are a few things you should know about Nestlé NIDO, toddlers and moms. Nestlé NIDO offers the best specialized nutrition so children develop well physically and mentally. It’s a reliable brand that has 70 years of experience in Specialized Nutrition with toddlers. The focus of this project is toddlers from 1 to 3 years old. When moms give Nestlé NIDO to children, they feel safe, they know they are doing well,because NIDO is their best ally. Watch these videos to know more.
You can communicate the message using analogies and metaphors. Although you do not need to feature a toddler, nor a mom, your print ad should finally make the link with Nestlé NIDO and toddlers.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Good idea | Analogy. Have you ever tried something that wasn’t made for you? It didn't feel right?
You may show a man who is trying to wear his son’s trousers or a woman who is wearing sunglasses when it’s night. It does not work, it’s not logical, it’s absurd. Well it’s the same for toddlers and specialized nutrition. If there is a special food for them they should consume it. Toddlers need the right nutrition from Nestlé NIDO, because it’s been made for them.
Bad idea | anything boring or cliché showing a mom who is feeding her baby without any original idea or impact.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €500
Poster with tagline.
Only impactful and educational posters in Spanish or in English will be accepted. The jury is looking for posters that could create a lot of buzz. Awards will go to the best convincing ideas that will catch the attention of the audience.
Guidelines for this contest
- Remember that feeding their children is the most important thing for a mom. It is her biggest demonstration of love. Your poster should be kind. Do not make moms feel guilty.
- If a mother and a toddler appear, there has to be a loving moment between them as payback love from child to mother, for the care she gives to him.
- If toddlers appear in the print, they should be between 1 and 5 years old. (Not crawling, not bold, not lying down, no babies)
- Use the color Yellow Pantone code us 109C
- Avoid using the word “milk”, use “specialized nutrition”, or use “a glass of Nestlé NIDO” etc.
- Do not mention pregnancy, lactation or kids below 1 year old.
- No violence, no religion or political themes.
- Download logos and pack shots from the toolkit.
- Your entry has to be in English or in Spanish.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.