Show us the wow effect of a repaired floor, in an unexpected video that people will share online.
Are you familiar with the feeling of entering a newly built apartment? Everything is brand new and floors shine. Yet, after some time and a normal but intense family life, the apartment no longer shines. The floor has scratches and abrasions and it does not feel as shiny as it used to be.
Der General, a cleaning product from Henkel, (also sold as Tenn in Spain and Sonasol in Portugal) is unique of its kind. Not only does it clean the floor perfectly and with a pleasant smell, but it repairs the floor by filling-in the smallest invisible scratches. When applied, it smoothes the surface and creates an optimal light reflection.
This product will soon be sold in Europe but the launch will not be supported by a TV ad. How would people know that this product exists? Well, there will be online videos… but cleaning floors is not the most entertaining topic on the Internet. Hence, Der General needs your help to introduce itself to people and make them want to try it in an entertaining and appealing way!
Imagine you’ve created this unique product: a cleaner that not only cleans but repairs floors.
Create an incredibly entertaining and unexpected video that shows what happens when your floor looks like new again, thanks to Der General cleaning and repair agent.
Ultimately, the video needs to be one that the audience would want to share because it has something that is totally unexpected and make people laugh out loud.
Although we believe a video needs to be fun in order to be shared, you’re free to choose the tone of voice you want to use. It can be informative, upbeat, unexpected or witty.
In terms of story, you must show someone cleaning a floor with a liquid cleaner and enjoying the results of Der General: a cleaned floor, shiny like new and that reflects light. How you tell this story and what happens before and after is up to you.
This product is aimed at women from 25 to 50 years old, mostly mothers, who like to have a clean and shiny home. The product is an ally to these women’s lives. It does not take their starring role; it simply makes their life a bit easier.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Think about the impact of your video. What makes someone share a video? How can it engage someone in 30 sec?
We believe you need to start with a hook.
Focusing on the benefit of repairing, via analogies or metaphors can be a way… like in the example that follows.
Analogy with shampoo | When a woman has damaged hair, she might want to use a repair shampoo. Well that will work like Der General. She can’t check hair per hair if it is repaired but she sees that overall the hair looks smoother and shinier. The visible effect is striking!
Or you could think of the benefit of having floors that look like new. For example an estate agent will use Der General to clean and repair floors of houses where people have lived (so the floors are used), to make them look like new.
- #1 Prize €15,000
- #2 Prize €10,000
- #3 Prize €5,000
Video or animation, 30 to 45 sec.
While being fun and unexpected the winning videos will be those that manage to still be credible and publicize Der General Repair. Only entries with a sharing potential and with a high entertainment potential will be accepted in this contest.
Guidelines for this contest
- Don’t be over-promising in your video. The product is not miracle. Avoid showing destroyed surfaces (like after an earthquake) being restored by Der General.
- No torture test.
- At some point, you should feature a woman cleaning a floor.
- The product can’t be featured in your video, as it is not in supermarkets yet. If you show a scene where someone is cleaning a floor, use any green liquid. If you are chosen as a winner, we can send you the final product and ask you to change, or add the actual product.
- Keep in mind that the video will be used in Germany, Spain and Portugal. Landscapes, interiors and cast should be compatible with Europe.
- Our client will add an end frame to the final video but feel free to embed their logo. (from toolkit).
- Entries are accepted in English. We recommend you to use voice-overs rather than direct speech from your characters; so it’s easier to dub afterwards. (It will be done by the client)
- You can share your ideas with community managers before shooting videos if you want.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.