Can you give a family the best start of the day with a Nestlé breakfast?
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A good breakfast provides you with the nutrients and the energy your body needs to kick-start your day. And it should be appetizing, tasty and stimulating enough to lift your spirit up and put you in a good mood for the rest of the day.
After all, what we eat is central to our health, and we need to be healthy to have a successful, productive and happy life! This belief is important in countries such as Vietnam where everyone is working hard (and studying hard) to fulfill their aspirations in a fast growing economy.
Nestlé offers a choice of great food and beverage you would need for a healthy, nutritious breakfast such as Nescafé 3in1, Milo (a chocolate malted beverage), Nesvita (a wholegrain cereal beverage with vitamins and calcium), Maggi soya sauce (for tasty egg fry-ups and seasoning), La Vie (Mineral water) and Nestlé KokoKrunch (wholegrain cereals with chocolate and lots of minerals, iron and calcium). You can find more about these brands by visiting their websites.
How would you convince busy working mums in Vietnam that they should add Nestlé products to the family breakfast they prepare every day?
Inspire Vietnamese mums to use many of Nestlé’s healthy, tasty and nutritious products as part of the family’s breakfast routine to give their loved ones the best start of the day, and the best start in life.
We would like you to create a poster that illustrates your idea, which could be used on the streets, in stores and in shopping areas. It should include a tagline of your creation, a visual and some optional copy.
Your challenge is not only to convince of the value of using Nestlé products but to convince consumers to use several of them for breakfast.
You can do so with a creative idea that connects several products in one ad or having an ad that could be used as a series to feature the different breakfast products with a common theme.
We are looking to convince Vietnamese mums who live in cities. They are educated and use the Internet. They often work at home, running a small business or a shop. They are busy in the morning but can manage their time as they want. Like all mums, they want the best for their children and husband and believe that breakfast is a very important meal to kick-start the day. Breakfast in Vietnam often consists of noodles with some coffee (for adults), fried eggs, sometimes rice. Vietnamese mums will not entirely change the family’s eating habits, but will definitely consider adding some variety and nutrition with other products.
Have in mind Nestlé’s values: Caring, empathetic, responsible, open, honest and of course an expert in healthy nutrition.
Please provide a short explanation of your creative idea and answer three questions:
- What is the story you want to tell in your poster?
- How does it link Nestlé products together for breakfast?
- What makes you think it will convince Vietnamese mums?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
You do not need to know anything about Vietnamese culture to participate. The information we provided in this brief is sufficient. You are free to come up with the idea that YOU feel will work well to inspire these mums.
Start thinking about the story you want to tell before thinking about the poster design. Once you have a powerful story that will convince mums to use Nestlé products for breakfast, think of the best way to capture its essence in one visual. For example, you could imagine that each product we mention is like a building block. They all have their own benefits: One block is made of Nestiva Milk to provide calcium for strengthening children’s bones, one block has caffeine to wake dad up, one block has all the nutritious benefits of wholegrain cereals of KokoKrunch, etc... To be healthier you need as many of these blocks as possible. These blocks can be used to build a springboard to lift-up the whole family towards greater, happier heights! Your visual could show the family climbing these blocks.
An example of a bad entry would be just showing a breakfast table with all the products with people looking happy. There is no story behind it and no compelling reason for people to eat Nestlé products.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
2-page document: 1 poster and 1 page of explanations that answer the 3 questions.
We are looking for original yet simple creative campaign ideas that will convince a mum to use Nestlé products whenever she prepares a breakfast for her family. The best ideas will tell a story that will be easy to grasp so that mums will understand the benefit and feel compelled to use the products featured by just looking at the visual, without any explanation.
Your creative idea will be used to inspire an advertising campaign in Vietnam.
Guidelines for this contest
- Focus only on the Nestlé brands we mentioned in this brief. Do not feature other brands in your entry.
- You do not need to feature any Vietnamese or Asian person in your visuals as they will be used for inspiration only. We are looking for a good-quality creative execution so that your concept will be easier to understand.
- Entries in English.
- Please feature the Nestlé logo in your visuals you can download here.
- You can learn more about the brands mentioned here: Nescafé 3in1, Milo, Nesvita, Maggi soy sauce, La Vie, Nestlé KokoKrunch
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.