Shake off the boring image of tea drinking by using your creative video-making skills!
When some people think of “tea” the first association that pops to their head is probably the Queen of England or some other mature lady… In other words, tea is old-fashioned and completely irrelevant to today’s life, especially to the younger generation. We are counting on you to change that!
Daily Club is the leading tea brand in Japan. It’s high quality tea in a very affordable price and it’s trusted and respected all over the country. Daily Club wants your help with getting younger drinkers to adopt tea. Right now they see it as uncool and you have the power to turn their opinion around. Give tea a makeover and make it appear fun and contemporary.
The way to do it is by creating a video that younger viewers would enjoy. In your video they should enjoy tea in new ways that motivate them to imitate the scene you created. Your creation should get you and your friends super thirsty for a fantastic cup of tea!
Change the way younger people view tea drinking by infusing it with heaps of creativity and fun.
This project isn't easy, as most tea companies advertise that tea is comforting, nostalgic and only enjoyed on rainy days by the fire. In other words, not cool. Your video should present tea in a different kind of role. Explore other roles that tea can adopt, that young people will enjoy and connect to.
You should also suggest different settings that people don’t associate tea with and you are welcome to play around with the actual product (cold, in a form of a popsicle, etc.). You can explore options of enjoying tea alone or in a social setting, so long as the viewer realizes that there is a surprising, unexpected enjoyment from tea.
Create a video that younger viewers would enjoy (mostly women in their 20’s and 30’s, you can appeal to both genders but don’t make it too masculine). They are fun-loving and dynamic. Tea should fit into their lives and help them enjoy it better. Think about moments between work, college and having a great night out with friends where tea would fit in perfectly. The star of your video would be tea of course (a standard double tea bag – example in “guidelines”) and younger people drink it and absolutely love it.
You can include any exciting and fun elements in your creation so long as they motivate younger viewers to try tea. Your entry has to make them think differently about tea and get an uncontrolled desire to try it ASAP!
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example |Tea as the original choice -A handsome, cool guy is sitting in a coffee house. All the girls are looking at him, trying to get his attention. He spots a cute girl sitting with her friends. He likes her. He notices that she goes up to the waitress and asks for Daily Club tea. He’s confused “tea? who drinks tea?” He’s intrigued with her and her unusual request. He calls the waitress over and asks for the same. He gives the tea a sip and he absolutely loves it. His eyes open wide, he’s so excited. He stands up, walks up to her, reaches out his hand to her and they start dancing, in the middle of the coffee house. The video ends with them doing “cheers” with their teacups.
Bad Example | Anything boring that uses the same tea ad clichés.
- #1 Prize €10,000
- #2 Prize €6,000
- #3 Prize €4,000
Video or animation – 60 seconds max (you can make it shorter, keep it dynamic and engaging)
We are looking for high-quality, engaging videos that would really entertain the younger viewers. The entries should surprise, entertain, and exhilarate them – hit a nerve that would make them watch it again and send it over to their friends to watch. Winning entries would present tea (prepared in tea bags) in a way that a younger audience would connect with and make them enthusiastic about having a cup straight away!
Guidelines for this contest
- Please submit entries in English or with English subtitles.
- Don’t use vulgarity or bad taste – the video should present tea in an appealing way.
- You don’t have to use Daily Club tea if you can’t find it. Use any tea brand as long as you don’t show the logo.
- You can print the square logo (in high quality) and place it on a different tea bag so that it would look like Daily Club tea: download here.
- You can show your tea in any way you want (cold / hot / frozen, etc. Just make sure that the viewer knows that you’re presenting tea.
- The target audience is mostly women in their 20’s and 30’s but you can appeal to both genders (nothing too manly please).
- You should also ONLY use the double-chamber type tea bag: example here and here. Triangular pyramid type, single chamber or other types are not allowed.
- Please add an end-frame in your video with the logo and the packshot (available in the toolkit). You can create your own end-frame or use the one we provide in the toolkit.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.