How will future-you want to use your everyday money?
Money is essential to our life. We all want it to be easily accessible. With Apple Pay, Google Wallet, Bitcoin and social currency, digital technology provides quicker and better access to money than ever before. But our relationship with money is also affected by other solutions. Air Miles are now playing a significant role in the way we pay for travel, and is becoming a new form of currency. Social sharing models are disrupting and improving traditional structures (Airbnb, Uber, etc.). The world is changing and only the user-friendly and innovative models will last.
This brief is meant to inspire a global Creative Lab’s approach to the future of money. They want to hear from you and therefore your opinion matters. What is your current experience and what do you think you will want to use tomorrow? From transactions and payments (PayPal for example), to loaning, saving, trading and investing (e.g. a social investing platform). We want to know which options you want to survive in the future and which you want out of your life. We also want your thoughts on which new technologies should be implemented, whether currently existing or completely original.
You decide which device, organization, platform and currency you want. Yes, this brief is all about your wishful thinking, so we want you to put yourself in the shoes of a finance superpower – if you had the ability to decide, how would you want to use everyday money in the future, and what would you do? Be creative and imaginative and send us your vision. So let's get started. Time is money!
Take us on a journey through your ideal future – how would you want to use your money, if it was up to you?
We are asking you to rethink your daily experiences and conventional ways of handling money & payments. We have attached is a “day in a life” money journey. It may look scary but don’t worry, you are not expected to make one yourself. You can send your entry in whatever form you like so long as it addresses an aspect in your life, which involves money, and offers an alternative solution.
The key is to figure out how you would like to pay and the reasons for it. You can suggest a device, platform, organization, and even the currency. You do not need to focus only on transactions or banks. Suggest better processes for all money- related matters (paying, saving, investing, lending, etc.) Don’t hold back, think about it, design it and send it!
You should start by thinking about the solutions you currently enjoy using (not necessarily finance related). Whether they are tools (PayPal, Google Wallet, phone camera, GPS, cloud, chat, your bank’s app, loyalty programs) or platforms (Amazon, Facebook, Alibaba, Spotify), or currencies (money, Bitcoin, social currency, gaming points, miles), you need to think about the reasons why you like using them and apply them in your journey. You do not necessarily have to constrain yourself to traditional banking. Anything that makes your life easier today can be applied. Use these options as an inspiration and add a fair amount of creativity and innovation.
It would be helpful if you could explain why you would change an existing process to a new one (e.g. from a credit card to a loyalty program because it allows me to pay faster, score points and enjoy personalized perks and discounts).
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
We have created an example that you can download for inspiration. We are looking for the “why”. What would you change about the solution you have today, why doesn’t it fit your life and why does the new one work better? Make sure to add a short explanation with your entry.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Text document with/without illustrations – 5 pages MAX, PDF format.
We want you to help shape the future of finance, voice your vision of what the world should look like. You need to suggest the device, platform, organization, and even the currency. To win, your entry has to show an understanding of technology and human nature. When you change the way things are done today, specify what is wrong with them and why the new process is better. You will need to blend in a huge amount of creativity, visionary thinking and imagination. Feel free to suggest daring ideas. We are looking for radical opinions. The only rule is that we need to understand WHY they would make for an improved tomorrow.
Guidelines for this contest
- Only English please.
- If you get your inspiration from other brands/industries – please list them – NO COPYING. You may use them for inspiration and draw from them but you still need to give it your own twist and make it an original idea.
- Please take a look at the attached journey for inspiration.
- Please explain why you chose each option – Your reasons for it count as much as your ideas.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.