Amaze food lovers with your gift idea to be made by Maille.
Maille is a pretty unique brand. Founded in France in 1747, the “Maison Maille” (House of Maille) offers a great selection of mustards, vinegars, gherkins, sauces and food accessories to people who have a passion for good food. People who love and use Maille products are passionate about food: planning, buying, preparing, eating and above all, sharing that pleasure with their loved ones. They have a real love and respect for high quality ingredients and for the stories behind them.
Maille has stores in Paris, Dijon (the place where it all started), London, New York (just opening now) and products can be bought online too.
Maille's most popular product is the Dijon Originale, sold in mass retail and the flagship product sold through the stores, is the very high–end Chablis with Black Truffle mustard, (shown below), sold fresh from the pump in an authentic sandstone jar.
Maille also offers a line of accesories (mustard spatula, oven gloves, aprons) and gifts (seasonal combinations of small jars of mustards packed in special boxes and bags.) for its demanding customers.
Thanks to these items, people who used to struggle to find gifts for discerning friends are now able to avoid the clichéd gifts of wine, flowers and chocolate and amaze their friends.
Maille wants to delight even more customers with memorable items that will give them the incentive to try something different.
Amaze Maille with new gift ideas that people will offer to amaze and fill their friends with joy.
First of all, your gift project should focus on packaging.
It is very important for your gift to be presented in a nice way. It can be boxes or bags, anything that people can open and discover with eyes wide open and a smile on their face.
Secondly, what is the gift in itself? You can be inventive and suggest items that Maille does already produce. As long as it’s related to food, i.e. something that is useful in the kitchen or at the table, and is high end, it could be a good idea. You can find the list of Maille products by clicking here.
The ideal gift is something that instantly generates talking.
Remember, this is something that is bought on exclusive channels, not in supermarkets. It is premium and so beautiful that people would display it on the table or in the kitchen. They are proud of owning it and using it.
The gifts will be offered in many occasions such as: invitation for dinner, birthday, Christmas etc.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Imagine the story… John leaves work late on a Friday night and before going to his friends’ place, he stops by the Maille boutique in Piccadilly. He knows that tonight, oysters are on the menu. He loves oysters. He’s looking for a gift for his friends, something to accompany that sumptuous meal. He finds a beautiful oyster knife at the Maille store, packed in a black silk setting. That is the perfect gift for his friends!
The knife idea is just one example among thousands. Don’t suggest only cutlery ideas. There are countless possibilities. Use your imagination and surprise us.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Product design: illustrations and text (PDF only)
We will only accept entries of gift ideas that people will remember and are worth displaying on the table or in the kitchen. Not only would we like you to invent gift ideas but also to design an exquisite presentation for the package. Awards will go to the most inventive gift ideas, in keeping with Maille's brand image.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your entry has to be in English.
- Avoid ideas such as new flavors for Maille mustards. This is irrelevant.
- Remember this contest not only involves the package design. We want you to find new product ideas that Maille could sell as gifts.
- Remember your idea has to be something to be used in the kitchen or at meals.
- It should not be something that is hard to carry.
- It must be premium. Not something you buy in supermarkets.
- Not something that is just a gimmick and useless. Cute wooly hats for olive oil bottles will NOT make a good entry.
- You can download the Maille logo here.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.