Help Pepsico create the killer office snack.
We have a new series of three contests for PepsiCo. They all involve different snacking occasions and challenge you to amaze us with new product ideas.
Participation in all three contests is not mandatory, although we believe that if you are able to create for one, you can also do well for the others.
Work can get boring. Especially when we have to do the same thing every day, or sit for long monotonous hours in front of the computer. It can get even worse if the deadline is close and we still have lots of tasks ahead. Not even a chance for a break. Having a snack at hand could just make things better. What if there was a snack designed specially to be with us during those long working days? Pepsico is thinking about creating one.
They already offer all kinds of tasty snacks and treats for people around the world :
- Biscuits : Quaker cookies, Sladitas;
- Savory Snacks : Doritos, Lay’s, Ruffles, Tostitos, Cheetos;
- Nuts & seeds : Quaker Stila;
- Sweets: Milch chocolate bars, Inspireka etc.
If it is a snack, they can make it.
Invent a new snack that will help working men and women get through long working hours!
The objective is to develop an original product idea (original product concept + name + ingredients + packaging) that is the perfect companion during work. One that you can eat while you are still busy and will help you make this task more enjoyable. Tasty, without being distracting at all.
A partner that is always there to cheer us up, boost our energy and keep us focused on our goal. Could a snack do just that? What would it look like? What would it taste like? How would consumers eat it? The idea is eating a snack while sitting in front of your computer and working or thinking about all the tasks you have to do.
It can be sweet or savory. Think of all the possibilities: It could be cookies, cereal bars, chips, candy, chocolate bars, lollipops, peanuts, etc. Your idea has to be creative in terms of ingredient mixes and flavors. As long as it is a tasty snack, Pepsico can make it.
But the whole point is to be tasty and delicious without being too distracting or filling. Think of formats that people can nibble or that are bite sized so that they don’t have to pay too much attention when they eat them. The packaging can also help a lot. It could be designed to sit on the desk and make the treats readily accessible. Imagine a package that can be placed in drawers, bags or even pockets. It would be great to have a snack at hand to treat yourself without having to take your eyes off the screen or drawing board.
It should also help maintain a good level of energy and focus. The snack should not be designed to fill you up or satisfy you, but to create a long-lasting and comforting effect and keep you company.
Could your product idea be used to create different snacks? If so, please also let us now about them.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
E.g. Bite sized nuts and dry tropical fruit pieces (mango and pineapple). What is different about them is that they are crunchy. They don’t only give you sweet flavors and energy from sugars and oils, every time you bite them you release a little bit of stress. They are natural so you can eat them every day. They are dry so they don’t make your hands dirty, and you can keep on typing without wasting time cleaning your hands. They come in a small cup that sits on tables or desks, so that it doesn’t have to be opened or closed every time.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,400
- #3 Prize €600
- #4 Prize €500
Presentations with images and text (PDF only)
It is important that your idea gives working adults a tasty treat that they can eat while still working without distracting them.
The packaging should be perfect both for the snack and the need to be accessible at the workplace.
Pepsico will select winner ideas that address these needs in the most original way.
Guidelines for this contest
- Do not develop drinkable products. Focus on creating edible snacks like cookies, chips, chocolate bars, candy, etc.
- Make sure the concept is developed for working adults aged between 25 and 50 years
- The idea has to be affordable for the consumer
- Your creation should include an insightful and innovative product idea, ingredients, name and packaging design
- Make sure to clearly explain how your idea addresses the problems. How can it be suitable for the workplace, give energy and focus, without being distracting or filling
- It should be presented through visuals and a very clear description of the idea
- Your entry can be in English or Spanish
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.