Show us why the taste of Coke is so unique and wonderful.
Coca-Cola is so much more than a drink. When your eyes spot the iconic red bottle you get a feeling of happiness and an urge to taste it... Did you ever stop to think WHY?
There are many reasons to love the taste of Coke and everyone has their own – it could be the bubbles, the way it enhances the taste of food, or that legendary “Psssss” sound.
The purpose of this brief is to get your personal opinion – why do you love the taste of Coke? We need you to take a minute and really think about your fondness for the taste of Coke. What is the one thing you enjoy the most about it? And to help you we have identified 5 elements that are unique to Coke that you can use for inspiration (in the “Brief’ section).
Once you have identified the features that make it special to you, it is time to get creative! Craft a video that explains why you find this particular aspect of Coca-Cola taste so great. Present us with your own viewpoint – what makes the taste of Coke so irresistible to you? We want to understand your personal association when you think of the taste of Coke!
Create a strong and creative video to express what makes the taste of Coke so desirable to YOU.
Don’t create an ad for Coke – we are interested in your creative point of view about the taste. If you had to explain to an alien who has never tried it before, which particular element of the Coke taste experience would you talk about, and what creative expression would you show him to get him to crave a sip of that Coke taste?
We have identified 5 features that you may use for inspiration. Go over the list and decide which one is the most relevant to you. Please specify in your entry which element you have selected:
- Romance Of The Magical Caramel Liquid | is it the crystal trace of movement made by the flowing caramel liquid? Is it the thousands of jumping bubbles combined into a caramel flow? Or do you enjoy the natural ingredient myth of the caramel liquid?
- Romance Of the Coke Experience | Are you drawn in when you see others enjoying a Coke? What do you imagine when you recall the feeling of your first taste of Coke? Do you love the reaction you have after drinking a Coke? Or is it the moment of craving that comes before you drink a Coke?
- What It Does To Me | What happens when you think about the physical and mental release after the "Ahhh" effect? Is it the uplifting energy provided by the "Ahhh" effect? Do you feel revitalized after the "Ahhh" effect? Or is it just the happy and refreshing feeling that comes with the drink?
- Experiential Metaphors | When describing the feeling that comes with drinking Coke, some say it is like fireworks in the mouth, some say it is like a rollercoaster ride, some say it is like bungee jumping, some say it is like jumping into a waterfall?
- Craving / No Compromise | Do you get a craving for Coke when you cannot have one? What happens when you see a charming person drinking a Coke? Do you ever crave for an iced Coke in a stuffy and noisy environment? What is it about the taste of Coke that you cannot substitute with any other beverage or compromise on? What lengths would you go to for a delicious Coke?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Start your process with a taste of Coke. What is the first thing that comes to mind? Once you are done, read the list of 5 elements. Have another sip… which element on this list really resonates with you? Now think of a way to communicate that desirable element to get others to connect with your element.
For example - you love the sensation that the Coke bubbles supply. You can create an animated clip about the journey of the bubbles in your mouth and then through your body. The bubbles are like disco balls that create a party inside you, giving you a delightful feeling that puts a smile on your face and provides a feel good moment.
- #1 Prize €12,000
- #2 Prize €8,000
- #3 Prize €5,000
Format: Videos or animation, no longer than 40 sec
Do not create an ad for Coca-Cola or your entry will be rejected. To be considered you must choose one of the 5 elements in the “brief” section and bring it to life creatively. Your entry should inspire a craving for Coke as it captures an enjoyable element of it and presents it in a creative and appealing manner that others will connect with.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries in English or subtitled in English.
- Only original creations please.
- Please indicate which element (out of the 5) you selected.
- There is no limit to the amount of entries you can submit, so feel free to express different reasons for enjoying a Coke.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.