Help Pepsico create the perfect snack for taking breaks at work!
We have a new series of three contests for PepsiCo. They all involve different snacking occasions and challenge you to amaze us with new product ideas.
Participation in all three contests is not mandatory, although we believe that if you are able to create for one, you can also do well for the others.
We have all had long, exhausting and stressful workdays. On those particular days, breaks can be life savers. Now imagine a snack that can bring the break experience to a new level. One that can help us wind down, change our mood and give us all the energy we need to get through the day. That is exactly what Pepsico aims to create.
They already offer all kinds of tasty snacks and treats for people around the world :
- Biscuits : Quaker cookies, Sladitas;
- Savory Snacks : Doritos, Lay’s, Ruffles, Tostitos, Cheetos;
- Nuts & seeds : Quaker Stila;
- Sweets: Milch chocolate bars, Inspireka etc.
If it is a snack, they can make it.
Invent a totally new snack designed specially to help working adults have a break, clear their mind, refuel, regain a positive attitude and get on with their day.
Your snack idea must include an original product idea + ingredients + name + packaging. Think of women and men aged between 25 and 50 years. They work hard, from home or at the office. The long hours can be tiring, stressful and energy-draining. At one point or another, they surely need to take a break. The break is a great moment to chat a little with colleagues, clear their mind, have a snack and share it. They also use this opportunity to refuel and get all the energy and positive attitude that they need to get back to work.
What would be the perfect snack for them? How can you help them regain energy and attitude? What would they love to have when they have a break? It is the snack you take when you get up from your desk and take time off from work (10 to 15 minutes). You're away from the computer and forget totally about your tasks.
You have tons of possibilities to replace the current habit to treat and share a moment at a Starbucks. Think of the small tasty snacks that you can eat to have a midday break. As long as it is a tasty snack, Pepsico can make it.
It could be cookies, energy bars, chips, candy, chocolate bars, lollipops, peanuts, etc. Your idea has to be creative in terms of ingredient mixes and new flavors. Think also about formats like flakes, cookies, chips, bars, drops, balls, etc.
Also try to picture what people need when they are at work. They not only need to satisfy their hunger, they also have to refuel their energy, clear their minds and regain a positive attitude. So why not add functional ingredients like caffeine or green tea to help them achieve it? Or maybe something pampering that helps them clear their mind, like cacao or honey; or even better, something they can tear, crack, squeeze, peel or dip.
Your product must be light enough not to fill them up. It should neither substitute a meal, nor be a side dish. Think also of a package that is perfect both for the snack and the moment it is consumed.
Could your product idea be used to create different snacks? If so, please also let us now about them.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
You can create a new snack that has four chocolate covered pretzel bars. They have tasty flavors like caramel and peanuts, but what is cool about them is that they have added caffeine. Each chocolate pretzel bar amounts to a half espresso. So you can choose how much energy you need, and also you can share it with colleagues. They come in handy paper bags that you can use to wipe your hands when you are done and then get back to work.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,400
- #3 Prize €600
- #4 Prize €500
Presentations with images and text (PDF only)
It is important that your idea gives working adults a tasty treat, but also helps them unwind and refuel without being too filling.
The packaging should be perfect both for the snack and moment of consumption.
Pepsico will select winner ideas that address both the need to refuel and to unwind in the most original way.
Guidelines for this contest
- Do not develop drinkable products. Focus on creating edible snacks like cookies, chips, chocolate bars, candy, etc.
- Make sure the concept is developed for working adults aged between 25 and 50 years.
- The idea has to be affordable for the consumer.
- Your project should include an insightful and innovative product idea, ingredients, name and packaging design.
- Make sure to clearly explain how your idea addresses both needs to unwind and refuel.
- It should be presented through visuals and a very clear description of the idea.
- Your entry can be entered in English or Spanish.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.