What happens when Pringles creates an unlikely mix of flavors? You get a totally awesome match!
Pringles potato chips, aren’t they delightful? They come in a perfectly crispy stack, full of flavor, stored in the iconic Pringles can and really are the ultimate snack for people who want a fun, delicious nibble that hits the spot.
Pringles decided to go wild and combine two totally opposite flavors that create a festival of deliciousness when combined - Chili & Sour Cream! This mix of two opposite flavors – the creamy sour cream and the hint of chili is completely unexpected but it works! The two flavors bring out the best of one another.
Your job is to get the word out and make sure that everyone tastes this awesome, unlikely match of flavors!
You need to convince everyone with a mouth to give this incredibly tasty, new snack a try, through a creative and original video or animation.
Introduce the new Pringles flavor that is all about an unlikely mix of Sour Cream and Chili in a way that would get people excited and desperate to try them.
Your entry should connect with young adults (18-30) that are looking for the best taste and crunchiness from their snack. They are fun-loving, outgoing and sociable. They are looking for excitement in their lives, to have fun, to laugh, to be involved in trends and to basically have a good time. Think of ways you can express this unique, original and surprising mix of flavors so that they will be drooling and craving for it. Try to use the Pringles potato chips as part of the story. Make sure they are a natural, easy fit in your plot.
Your story must be very surprising. Focus on the unlikely match of flavors, and how it works, even though it’s not an expected combination. Tell it in a way that would get people to notice the new flavor, crave for it and TRY IT.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
An Example – At a house party there’s a cute geeky-looking girl. She’s munching away on “Original Pringles” and dipping it in a mountain of sour cream. On the other side of the room there’s a handsome, cool bad-boy. He’s also munching on “Original Pringles” but before he eats them he sprinkles a bit of red chili on them. They notice each other, their eyes lock. They get up, walk to the middle of the room and start kissing. They love the taste so much that they grab her bowl of sour cream and sprinkle some of his chili on it and enjoy the new, surprising and delicious flavor together.
You don’t have to use a romantic tone in your entry, create something that presents the surprising combination in a dynamic, fun, interesting way.
Bad idea - anything unexciting and boring. An entry featuring Pringle’s sour cream and chili surrounded by fire to show the heat – anything boring that we’ve all seen a million times before that doesn’t truly create craving and interest.
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Video or animation – 45 seconds max.
The winning entries will be the official announcement of the new Pringles flavor in various markets worldwide. Make sure your project is as strong as your idea and your work will appear all over the web! Ideally, the Pringles chips are part of your story, but don’t force them, it needs to be fun and engaging. We are looking for straightforward, highly distinctive, original, convincing entries. Your entry should also capture the Pringles personality - Pringles is all about being playful and having a fun time. Be creative and imaginative but nothing too crazy. Make your entry hilarious/interesting/amusing but not TOO weird and over-the-top.
Guidelines for this contest
- Please submit entries in English.
- Please include the Pringles logo that you can download from here.
- If you need to use a Pringles can, please use the original Pringles can. Winners might be asked to edit the parts featuring the can when the product is launched.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.