Let your inner child create the best candy possible for moms to give their kids as a fun sweet treat.
Nothing makes mom a hero to her children more than giving candies. Cool, modern mums know that treats are part of a happy childhood and allow their kids to enjoy sweets (occasionally).
ALLEN’S candies are a playground for sweet treats. It is the number 1 candy brand in Australia and it offers a variety of different candy products from the SNAKES ALIVE to MINTIES and FANTALES (you can find the candy list below).
ALLEN’S wants mom’s to make the most of their candy moment with their children and to become mom’s choice for their children’s sweet treat.
That’s why we need your help! You are asked to think of the best candy EVER. One that moms feel would make kids overjoyed and put a huge smile on their faces.
Calling out all sweet-toothers! Create a fun, playful candy that a mum would want to buy and a child would want to eat.
Your creation should appeal to mum's of kids aged 5-12 years old. It should be different, original, creative and exciting enough that moms will feel good about buying the product knowing that it’s what makes their kids super happy.
You can be really imaginative with this brief - create a new package for existing candies, one that is original, appealing, and playful OR you can create a totally new candy and package. If you’re thinking of a new product you can also describe the flavors and ingredients.
The key here is to make mom understand that this candy will make her children happy, smiley and entertained. Invent something that is completely different from the candy possibilities, something that YOU would have loved to get from mom when you were a kid.
Important: We are not looking for big individual candies but we are looking for candies that could be sold together (in a bag, a tube, a pouch, a sachet, a box… you decide). This is so that mums could buy it once and give treats several times.
Help us understand your entry by addressing these in your submission:
- What is unique, fun and original in your idea?
- Why would moms find your idea appealing? What will make them connect to it?
- Is your idea portionable? Can it be part of a bigger concept for all ALLEN’S candies?
Your entries should stand out on the shelf and really grab mom’s attention in the grocery store. They need to think: “I would love to give this to my kid, it will surely make him smile”!
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Provide new and innovative candies and packaging ideas for ALLEN’S that deliver fun and play and ensure that moms feel good about offering them to her children. The ideas need to be different to what exists in the category today either through the product experience and/or the packaging. Be bold and creative – step away from the standard candy products in a bag. Think about the experience mom is giving her kids.
You can refer to Pixar/DreamWorks animated movies for inspiration about how to make the visuals and story appealing to the whole family, or to other creative universes like video-games, music etc…
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €500
Presentation to include at least one front and one back picture of the packaging as per guidelines
We expect original, simple and smart ideas with engaging and playful visual expressions or gamification elements. It should be positive, happy and something moms would want to get their beloved young ones.
ALLEN’S candies are a magnetic, loveable and playful candy brand for families. Be fun, playful and cheeky.
Guidelines for this contest
- You need to invent a new candy (product + package) or redesign the package of an existing one
- Your entry must be in English
- Your entry must include at least one picture of the front of the packaging and one picture of the back of the packaging. If you choose to redesign the product as well, please include a picture of it
- Entries should be playful and fun but not overindulgent (making mom feel too guilty)
- You have to feature the ALLEN’S logo - please download it here
- You can learn more about ALLEN’S candies here
- You can find the existing candies here
- Please don’t use any copyrighted elements/characters
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.