Impress your audience with something unique South America has to offer to travelers and why it’s best to fly with local airlines.
Two tips for this contest!
For this contest, you should include two important elements in your video: Tell us a story and explain why it is better to travel to South America with local airlines, like Latin Air. Thank you!
South America has so many wonders to offer.
If you dream of playing soccer on the beach or admiring the natural beauty everywhere, go to Rio!
In Chile, you will be amazed by the diversity of the scenery, all in one country! From the beaches to the Andes range, enjoy the warm and cold weather!
Want to taste some superb local food? Head to Peru… and go for a hike after your great meal.
Interested in learning more about organic agriculture? Book a ticket to Argentina and spend some time with farmers on an organic farm in Patagonia.
Well… it’s right there. A flight away from a gray and cold European, North American or Asian city.
Our sponsor is a South American airline that flies from US and Europe to destinations in South America. They wish to stay confidential, so we will call them Latin Air.
They need your creative thinking and skills to promote traveling to South America and why people should fly with Latin Air. Help people feel South America with the warmhearted and passionate eyes of its people, in order to spark the fire for South America.
Create an insightful and unexpected video that shows how great South American destinations are and why it is always best to fly with local airlines such as Latin Air.
The final video should encourage viewers to travel to South America. (You can pick any of the following destinations: Chile, Peru, Argentina, Colombia and Brazil.)
Viewers of the final video should also understand immediately that it is great to fly with Latin Air because they are local!
Of course your video doesn't need to be shot in South America! The creative idea is what matters.
Your video should not be focused on cost savings (it’s cheap to travel to South America) or clichés.
It is ok to mention beautiful beaches and natural landscapes but your video should have an unexpected twist.
Your job is to focus on the destinations and spark travelers' interest in South America. Pick one or several destinations from the list and build your story around it, but at the end of your video, make sure to find a way to promote South America as a whole and not only one or two countries. It could be a voice over saying: “This is South America and I could only go with Latin Air.”
The videos will be used for inspiration for a communication agency and will not be used as they are. This implies that beyond the quality of the work itself, the creative thinking is the important part.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Think beyond clichés. If you’ve never been to South America, you can imagine what it is like. Do some research and go off the beaten track. Think about what could happen there that would surprise you, not what you expect to see. you could imagine that the travel experience starts on the flight that takes you there.
Example: Immersion, in the country and on the plane. A guy is planning a trip to Peru. He wants to get away from the anonymity of New York life and wants to live as part of a community, where everybody takes care of each other. He has found a place in Peru, close to the river Rio Madre de Dios. The place is famous for its jungle lodges and the presence of small communities where people support each other. The guy in the video is shown enjoying the experience of what being connected really means. He spends a week helping in an eco-hostel, uses candles to light up his room and cooks local vegetables bought from the local market. It’s a real traditional heaven where connectedness and slowness is a way of life. What is surprising? He finds out that he can get all the US TV channels there and high speed Internet connection so he decides to cancel his return ticket and stay a bit longer, or much longer…
Your video could show all this and also that this spirit can be felt when the guy gets on the flight. The atmosphere in the aircraft is so quiet and peaceful that the traveler is immersed in the South American way of life, into what he has been yearning for for his vacation… as soon as he boards the Latin Air aircraft.
- #1 Prize €6,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Videos or animation, 30 sec.
Awards will go to the most original videos, those that promote South America not because it is a cheap destination or go through the usual clichés of beach and samba, but really because there is so much to see and experience there.
Guidelines for this contest
- Need inspiration? You can visit: this , this and this
- Flights to: Peru, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Brazil.
- Don’t make an ad for the airline or the airplane. Forget about comfort, security and food service on board, it is not the purpose of the video.
- Make sure you don’t make any reference to any of the following topics: Prostitution (or any kind of sexual exploitation), drugs, indigenous connotation, poverty, violence.
- Quality of the execution does NOT matter. We are looking for stories and ways to tell those stories. We value ideas rather than production quality.
- Entries should be in English or Spanish.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.