Show us how a bank can wow its clients again with a new trustworthy relationship combining the best of people and technology.
A little tip about this contest
Think about the relationship you have with your bank: the things you like and the ones you don't. Explain why and how it could be improved, with the help of technology and people.
It is often said that we live in a digital age. It is a result of many innovations and technological advances, and it has led us to become addicted to Internet and to many connected objects (phones, watches, tablets, laptops and many more.) Yet we remain human beings who deeply need true interactions with real people.
Customers do have high expectations towards service providers, banks in particular. People do not trust banks anymore as they feel that they do not work for their interests, or do not understand their needs. They also think the quality of service is poor, that their advisors are not available enough (and change too often), do not always have their best interests at heart and that their requests are not well handled…
A big bank wants to change all of this. They wish to restore a solid partnership between banks and their clients.
Tell us a story where technology and physical interaction merge to create unique and happy moments between a customer and their bank.
We would like you to imagine a totally new experience for a bank customer where the relationship is based on peaceful interactions and mutual trust.
This story can be told through the description of key moments, “wow” moments that will delight both parties.
It can deal with small day-to-day moments like checking the balance of your account, making a transaction or enquiring about a financial product, or it could deal with bigger moments like applying for a study loan, refinancing a mortgage or investing into financial products like a fund.
Your story has to cover both physical interaction where the client will meet people, and digital communication via mobile, Internet, the bank’s call centre, etc.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission or it will be rejected.
Start with your own wow moments, the times and locations where you feel rewarded, special and really good. For instance, think about your best friend. There is mutual trust, you know you can count on him and he is the person you would go to see when something goes wrong.
Imagine for example that people at the bank know you well and understand your needs. Your advisor could call you, after having analyzed your bank data, in order to offer the perfect solution. Proactively calling you to help you better manage your money is something you would surely value a lot.
Think also about hard blows, for instance getting divorced. Your bank advisor could help you find the best way to split your joint account, give you advice on what new offer to choose, how you can send money to your children in a seamless manner.
Or you could use gaming for your entry. Game companies make it so easy for users to intuitively learn a new game while they play. Why don't banks use this approach to help you “play” and learn about financial products, like in a game? For example, you could see how different types of loans will impact on your finance, in a fun manner (better than reading dozens of pages of small print).
Think about gaming, product customization, tailored appointments, easy processes, etc.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentations with text and visuals (PDF 4 pages Max.).
Remember that we are looking for innovative ideas. We will award the cleverest ideas, those that truly reinvent the relationship between consumers and banks, based on trust, with a good dose of surprise!
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be 4 pages max.
- Entries should be in English or in French.
- Entries should consist of: a title, a visual (e.g. a picture taken from the Internet that illustrates the benefit of your idea for a client), a short rationale for the idea written in plain English – this will help the bank understand and value your idea.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.