Invent a Mountain Dew drink that allows people to express themselves and stand-out!
Please, do not change the logo
Please be aware that you are not supposed to change the logo (shape, colors, etc). Thank you!
We have a new series of three contests for the brand Mountain Dew. The brand looks to innovate and create new soft drinks, based on three routes.
Each of the three contests focuses on one specific route. Please read the details of each orientation carefully.
You are not obliged to participate in all three contests, although we believe that if you are able to create for one, you can also do well for the others.
Mountain Dew is not just a brand; it’s a way of life. Mountain Dew charges you to “Do you…and have a damn good time” - to be motivated by your passions for those things you love doing. Dew drinkers lead by boldly doing things their own way, and on their on your own terms, while standing as individuals within their community of friends.
Mountain Dew is unlike any other beverage. The citrus-flavored carbonated soft drink not only refreshes, but provokes you to turn your passions into acts of exhilarating fun. When you chug Mountain Dew, the bold flavor charges you and your friends to act when others talk. It’s perfect for on-the-go consumption, and provides the kick you need to perform.
Would you like to put your creativity at the service of this great brand? They look for innovative product ideas for active males aged 18 to 25 (highly connected and social).
Details on contest # 3.
Innovation orientation: MAKE MY OWN
Imagine the moments after an event, performance, or activity (a hard day at work or at school, a long drive, or performing a trick on your skateboard or bicycle). These are some of the moments in life where you want to break out of the daily routine. You feel the urge to express yourself, take the unbeaten track, and define your own style, and you want to consume something that signals, “I am now on my own time.”
Why should drinks be all the same! You want something different. You want to personalize it, play with it, and customize it. You wish you could have your very own drink, either that very personal one, or one that you share with your group of close friends. You need a beverage that will make you stand out and will make the moment feel very special.
This drink does not exist. Mountain Dew is about self-expression, so they would love to create it for you. Can you help?
Create a customized Mountain Dew drink, one that loudly expresses the personality of the drinker… to start a conversation.
We are looking for concepts that cover:
- A drink formula: your drink is customizable. You can mix flavors and ingredients according to your own taste. Also, consider the potential to mix this with other non-alcoholic beverages or ingredients.
- A packaging idea: of course packaging is an easy way to make a product customizable. Allow yourself to think about writable labels, customizable bottles etc. Start with traditional cans or plastic bottles, but we encourage you to explore beyond these traditional packages. You can also reinvent all this if needed.
- The story: give us details about the consumption (moment and location), the people for which you create the drink and the feelings experienced.
Your product ideas must be conceived around this idea of “MAKE MY OWN”. This drink has a “badge value”, which means it says something about the drinker. It’s very different from any other beverages.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Start by thinking about “MAKE MY OWN” and how this benefit can be expressed in a drink by Mountain Dew.
An example good entry might include the opportunity for the consumer to customize the packaging. Imagine a special pack that includes a stylus or pen that allows consumers to draw – “Dew-dle” - their own custom artwork on the sides of the can. Consumers might then submit their custom artwork in an online contest for a chance to win an opportunity to have their work in future Mountain Dew beverage packaging.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €1,000
presentations with text and visuals, 5 pages max.
We will be very careful while moderating the entries and will accept only those that follow the guidelines. Winners will be product ideas that best show how personalization can be brought to life into a new soft drink idea.
Guidelines for this contest
- Mountain Dew has already created a drink some time ago where you could add a drop of liquid in order to give color or flavor. Please don’t come up with a similar idea – it would be rejected at moderation.
- Your drink should not be an energy drink; although it does provide a kick.
- It should be bold in flavor and color, Mountain Dew is anything but dull and boring;
- It should be carbonated.
- It should not be too girly, soft or delicate.
- Make sure your product idea covers three areas: drink formula, packaging, story.
- Remember that Mountain Dew is for active males aged from 16 to 25.
- Download assets from the toolkit.
- Please, do not change the logo.
- Make sure you are not too close to any other existing products. They are all listed here.
- Only entries written in English will be accepted
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.