Invent a Mountain Dew drink that will encourage male teens & young adults to be bold and recharge them fully!
Please do not change the logo
Please be aware that you are not supposed to change the logo (shape, colors, etc)... another constraint to boost your creativity, right? ;)
We have a new series of three contests for the brand Mountain Dew. The brand looks to innovate and create new soft drinks, based on three platforms.
Each of the three contests focuses on one specific platform. Please read the details of each orientation carefully.
You are not obliged to participate in all three contests, although we believe that if you are able to create for one, you can also do well for the others.
Mountain Dew is not just a brand; it’s a way of life. Mountain Dew charges you to “Do you…and have a damn good time” - to be motivated by your passions for those things you love doing. Dew drinkers lead by boldly doing things their own way, and on their on your own terms, while standing as individuals within their community of friends.
Mountain Dew is unlike any other beverage. The citrus-flavored carbonated soft drink not only refreshes, but provokes you to turn your passions into acts of exhilarating fun. When you chug Mountain Dew, the bold flavor charges you and your friends to act when others talk. It’s perfect for on-the-go consumption, and provides the kick you need to perform.
Would you like to put your creativity at the service of this great brand? They look for innovative product ideas for active males aged 16 to 25 (highly connected and social).
Details on contest #1:
Innovation Orientation: RECHARGE
Imagine the moments leading up to an event, performance, or activity (a hard day at work or at school, a long drive, or performing a trick on your skateboard or bicycle). These moments require concentration and focus. As you build anticipation and excitement for what will come next, you need something to lift the mood, increase alertness, and sustain energy. A refreshing Mountain Dew beverage, with higher levels of caffeine and additional ingredients that replenishes and recharges, can surely get you ready and excited for what you are about to experience.
Let’s invent it!
Invent a new kind of Mountain Dew drink that will help consumers recharge before they engage in an important activity.
We are looking for concepts that cover:
- A drink formula: your drink must contain high level of caffeine and have a refreshing taste. However, it’s not an energy drink and doesn’t contain as much caffeine as an energy drink has.
- A packaging idea: it needs to stand out and be bold and the sort of package you’d be proud to be seen carrying. You can focus on graphic design only or work on structural packaging as well. You can either start with a traditional can or a plastic bottle but you can also reinvent all this if needed. The only mandatory element is that it should stand out. But please have in mind that it should be something that Mountain Dew could develop in 2015-2016. It means that the package should not require huge changes (no “D” shaped bottles for instance).
- The story: give us details about the consumption (moment and location), the people for which you create the drink and the experience. The drink should give an extra boost in order to prepare for what’s next. It should help sustain energy and make drinkers alert.
It can be consumed on the go or at home/school/office.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission or it will be rejected.
First focus on the “RECHARGE” idea and imagine how this benefit can be expressed in a drink by Mountain Dew.
A good entry would be a drink that contains whey proteins, on top of a high caffeine content and guarana. This protein is the liquid part that comes from milk,that can be transformed into a powder. The bottle cap could include the powder and it would be released when the bottle is opened. The liquid would become quite thick. People would drink it before a long drive in which they need to stay alert for a long time. It’s called “Dew Drive” and the package is black and yellow.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €1,000
Presentations with text and visuals, 5 pages max.
We will be very careful while moderating the entries and will accept only those that follow the guidelines. “Winners” will be product ideas that best convert the "RECHARGE" benefit into a new and disruptive soft drink concept that is NOT an energy drink.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your drink should not be an energy drink; although it does provide a kick.
- It should be bold in flavor and color, Mountain Dew is anything but dull and boring;
- It should be carbonated. It should not be too girly, soft or delicate.
- Make sure your product idea covers three areas: drink formula, packaging, story.
- Remember that Mountain Dew is for active males aged from 16 to 25
- Download assets from the toolkit.
- Make sure you are not too close to any other existing products. They are all listed here.
- Only entries written in English will be accepted
- Do not change the logo.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.