Can you reinvent tea with a dissolvable tablet and heaps of creativity?
A beverage company has invented a new technology: a tablet containing natural tea that, when dissolved in hot or cold water, makes a tea-based beverage. This tablet could be made from green tea, black tea or herbal tea. You could even add other ingredients, flavors or functionality to the tablet.
Who would want to buy this product and why? We need your creative talent to turn this invention into a desirable, branded product!
Using our tea tablet invention, create a new product with attractive packaging that offers something unique compared to other beverages.
For this contest, you are requested to create:
- A new product with its packaging (with a name)
- A poster that promotes this new product with at least one picture, a picture of the product and an appealing tagline. Note that you don’t have to call it a tablet – you can create a new name if that works for your idea
There are no restrictions as to the type of products you could create as long as the core ingredient is tea (black, green, herbal) and that it works through a tablet that dissolves in hot or cold water. You can decide on the design of the tablet. Your product could target students, office-workers, health-conscious women or active seniors… You decide!
If you want to, you could add flavor or additional ingredients to your new product (probiotic, natural antiseptic, energy boosting, etc.).
You could start by thinking about the type of person you want to target for your new product. Write down a description of who they are, what they do, a typical day in their life, what they aspire to do and to be. You could then use this description to determine when this person needs some help. It could be to get more done during the day, to relax with friends on weekends, to be more sociable or just to lift up their mood in the office. From that need, imagine what your new product should offer, and design it for those specific purposes. Try to think about why your new product is better than existing tea alternatives (tea bags, sachets, powder, leafs, infusers…) or other beverages (coffee, soda, water…). Starting with a person in mind, a specific problem or opportunity will ensure that your idea really appeals to someone, tapping into his or her unmet (and perhaps unknown) needs.
For example you could think of a new beverage for students who need help preparing for exams, yet don’t want to drink energy drinks or stimulants as they are too artificial. Your product could be called “brain fuel” with small tablets looking like a lightning with a tealeaf at the center. It includes black tea with extra caffeine and natural guarana and gingko nuts, famed for improving brain function. It comes in a small box that is slim as a credit card so that you can discreetly carry them anywhere, and pop one in a glass of water whenever you need. The poster could show sleepy students struggling during a test with an attractive student wearing green (to show that it is natural) acing the test with no difficulties. The tagline could be “Supercharge your brain with nature’s fuel”.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €1,000
PDF limited to 4 pages with a picture of the tablet/cube/capsule, of the packaging, of the poster and a page of explanations.
We will select the best ideas according to how well they address a problem or add something new and of value to people’s life. We will also look at how this product is presented to consumers, from the attractiveness, convenience and functionality of the packaging to the product name and how product benefits are communicated through the poster.
Guidelines for this contest
- Text in the entries should be in English.
- Your entry should be MAX 4 pages long, with a picture of the tablet, of the packaging, of the poster to promote it and a page of explanations.
- In your presentation please answer these questions:
- Who does your product target and at what occasion is it consumed?
- What does it do? Why is it unique compared to current products?
- Why would someone buy it?
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.