Think you have a wild imagination? Then show us, in a crazy video, what you think happens when the sound of fresh Halls drop is on.
After receiving many inquiries from you asking some extra time to finish your videos, we decided to extend the deadline of the contest till Sunday, 5th of October, 23:59 UTC!
You now have 4 extra days to submit your creative videos! Good luck!
When you unwrap a Halls drop and bring that mind-blowing coolness to your mouth, you experience freshness that is out of this world! Halls drops are so powerful that you cannot help breathing out and releasing that freshness into the air, making a recognizable sound. That’s the Halls freshness sound. Your story should focus on what other sounds it could cover.
The effects of Halls’ freshness sound were explored in 2 ads in the late 90's (see below). In these videos the Halls sound covered a tennis match, or the music in a club, and the characters gave the crowd a great show. Now Halls wants you to be as inventive, wild, creative and funny as you can, to take the story one step further.
Astonish us with a story about what sounds the Halls freshness sound covers!
What do you think might happen when someone makes the Halls exhale sound? What happens or what kind of sounds can it cover? Bring out the creative beast in you and surprise us with the most awesome, hilarious, wild Halls freshness sound story possible!
Halls offers an enjoyable refreshing boost that invigorates your mind and feels like a deep fresh of air – you can’t avoid releasing a huge exhale to unleash that sensation with a big sound effect. You need to bring that sound to life in your entry. Your video should appeal to men or women aged between 18 and 30. The aim of this brief is to entertain them, give them a good laugh with over-the-top stories that really capture the effects of Halls' overwhelming freshness.
Your video must be very surprising. You need a strong start that will hook viewers within the first 5 seconds. Viewers should not be able to guess how your video is going to end and stay glued to their screen and have a real surprising moment that will wow them, and make them want to share.
Imagine funny situations where making the freshness sound can replace real sounds, which will lead to some comical situations.
Example: a man at the zoo standing in front of a gorilla. The gorilla is pounding its chest, making loud noises. The man takes a Halls drop and makes the Halls sound, which attracts the gorilla's attention and it starts imitating him.
The situations can be portrayed with real characters (as the original version) but also with animations and the situations have to be in a modern setting. The key objective is to get a video that will convey the message of freshness and that will help drive attention online.
- #1 Prize €8,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Video/animation up to 35 seconds.
A well-crafted video that brings to life a modern, entertaining twist to the Halls' freshness sound.
The ideal video must follow the narrative in the original version:
- The natural sound heard
- Something happens and the sound stops, but continues in an unusual tone
- The character making the sound is revealed to the audience
- The sound stops because the main character doesn´t have freshness in their breath anymore
- They put another Halls in their mouth and the sound resumes at full blast
Halls is an exciting brand. Here is what it’s about (make sure to capture these features in your entry):
- Hall’s is: energy, bold, extreme, sexual, connected, humorous, cool, fun
- Hall’s is not: too rationale, show off, luxury, passive, shy, trying too hard
Guidelines for this contest
- Please submit entries in English or Portuguese or with English subtitles
- Don’t portray the freshness as negative, it’s a wonderful sensation
- Use the Silver Mint pack shot as the end-frame. If you feature the product in your video, use Halls Silver Mint as your first choice, Halls Extra Strong as a second choice or any other Halls as a substitute. Halls logo and pack shot usage are mandatory. Please download them from the toolkit.
- No children or drugs
- No mainstream, dull, expected ideas
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.