Keep Lifesavers® going with a refreshingly new design!
There are times in the day when you need a jolt of refreshment to keep going. Lifesavers® is a round hard candy with a big hole that looks like… a lifesaver. It comes in a variety of exciting flavors like Pep Mint, musk and Fruit Tingles®. Whenever you need it, it invigorates your mouth and mind and keeps you going through the day. But before you can enjoy Lifesavers®, you have to notice it on the shelves. The product and its packaging have not changed for a long time and some say it looks a bit old-school.
We need your help to refresh Lifesavers® to make it stand out on the crowded candy, gum and mint shelves and to help young adults to enjoy on the go.
Revamp Lifesavers® with an original, modern, noticeable packaging and candy design to delight and boost young adults whenever and wherever they need to keep going.
Some think it looks a bit old-fashioned. Change that perception!
You can redesign the shape and label of the pack. You can also redesign the shape and appearance of the product. Please make sure it is still convenient to store on a shelf or to carry with you (resealable packaging).
Your packaging idea must stand out among all the other brands of candies, gums and mints competing for attention on crowded store shelves.
It also needs to be easy to use and convenient to carry around, so it must be resealable. Try to create a packaging that could be more than just a packaging to protect and keep the product fresh. Could your packaging add something new to the Lifesavers® experience? How could it fit in with your lifestyle so that you can carry it with you wherever you go?
If Lifesavers® was a person, it will be like your trendy friend: always witty, spirited, open and honest. Your packaging and product design should reflect this personality.
Lifesavers® comes in different flavors: Pep Mint, Musk, Fruit Tingles, Five Flavors, Fruit Pastilles, Blackcurrant Pastilles and Lemon Tingles so your design idea needs to be compatible with all of them and bring each of them to life. You do not need to show a design for each flavor but take this into account so that your design can be applied to all flavors.
It does not matter whether Lifesavers® is sold in your country or not. Go to your nearest convenience store or supermarkets to check out the aisle where they sell candies, gummies, mints… You can see how difficult it is to stand out. Then put yourself in the shoes of a young adult. Perhaps you are one of them. Think of the time in the day where you could do with a pick-me up, a bit of stimulation to keep going. Popping something sweet in your mouth will energize and refresh you. If you could pull out a pack of Lifesavers® from your pocket, what would it look like? What would you like to do with the packaging? How could it help refresh and stimulate you as well? And how could you make it fit into your lifestyle?
Lifesavers® is a candy for young adults, not for children so don’t create a packaging design or suggest candy shapes that are clearly for kids.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation to include at least one front and one back picture of the packaging as per guidelines.
We are looking for a big change to modernize Lifesavers®. Please wow us! Your packaging needs to offer something that people are willing to pay more for. It could be because it looks stunning, it is very practical or offers something additional. Of course, the packaging needs to protect the product, be convenient, easy to use and resalable. It also needs to work across all the different flavors and convey Lifesavers® freshness and great personality.
Designs that meet these simple criteria and offer something in line with Lifesavers® brand image yet difficult for other brands to just copy, will have the best chance to be winning ideas.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries in English or with English subtitles
- Lifesavers® is a candy for young adults, not for children under 14 so don’t make a design for kids.
- If Lifesavers® was a person, it would be like your trendy friend. Always witty, spirited, open and honest. Your design should reflect this personality.
- Please use the Lifesavers® logo available here.
- Your entry must include at least one picture of the front of the packaging and one picture of the back of the packaging. If you choose to redesign the product as well please include a picture of it.
- In your presentation please answer the following questions:
- What makes your packaging appealing to young adults?
- What makes it unique to Lifesavers®? What does it say about Lifesavers®?
- What will make it stand out on the shelves?
- What makes it great to carry around with you?
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.