Help people choose a healthy life by introducing Metamucil in a very unexpected way.
Every day we make many simple choices to improve our health, like using the stairs instead of the elevator, going for a quick walk after dinner or eating a fruit instead of a sweet. Eating habits are indeed an easy way to take better care of ourselves and boost our vitality. Here is a very simple thing that we could all do: eating fiber. Fibers keep your bowel movements regular so that you feel healthier.
Metamucil is one of the simplest options to improve your health, on top of the other small things you do every day. Simply mix a spoonful of Metamucil in a glass of water, stir and its ready to drink. It’s a surprisingly simple daily choice that helps regulate bowel movements, and it’s 100% pure natural fiber. In a nutshell, Metamucil is a miracle of its own.
The benefit of fibers and Metamucil are still not very well known in Latin America. Metamucil knows that people there, like in many countries, no longer watch TV or read newspapers, so they would like to create a buzz about their brand using a different medium, to capture people’s attention and encourage them to try the product.
Beyond just advertising, can you create breakthrough and awesome ideas for activities that will get Metamucil’s message of “make healthy decisions, take Metamucil!” noticed?
People who buy Metamucil are male and female aged between 25 and 60 years. They are willing to make small healthy choices to improve their day and help to create a better future for themselves. They are looking for small steps that will not require a big sacrifice or big commitments like drastically changing their habits (a couch potato will not suddenly join a gym to turn into a fitness addict). Make it easy, accessible and simple.
Your idea should convey the message that Metamucil is your everyday wellness ally for a healthy life.
You can use: “Make healthy decisions, take Metamucil” as a tagline for your idea.
We are looking for ideas and activities that will tickle people's curiosity enough to make them want to stop what they are doing and learn more. You are expected to create an “activation” idea that is so noticeable that it would automatically make people talk about it. It’s an experience that can take many forms. It can be an event, a gigantic display, a collaboration with a celebrity, a sponsorship or even a competition on social media like Facebook or Twitter. It can happen in public places such as streets, public transportation, shopping districts, stores and even at someone’s home or online.
The ultimate aim is to convince people that they need to make small efforts to keep a healthy life, and that they should try Metamucil.
Metamucil contains “psyllium”. When absorbed, it forms a gel that traps some cholesterol and waste, helping them pass through the body efficiently (that’s what we call a laxative). It’s a product that needs to be part of an everyday habit, not a direct solution to take once.
Keep in mind the brand message: “To make healthy decisions, you should take Metamucil.” Please do not invent a new one.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good entry could be promoting Metamucil as ambassadors in train stations to encourage people to use the stairs instead of the escalators. There could be a live countdown that sounds after every 1000 steps. The person who sets off the countdown alarm would get a free sample of Metamucil with a coupon for their next purchase. At the end of the promotion Metamucil could count the number of people who use the stairs and quantify the health improvement into a big number that could be turned into a story for the media. Could the record be beaten the next year? This could become a regular Metamucil challenge.
Another idea could show Metamucil dropping kilos of Metamucil powder into a dirty lake. After some time, you would remove the gel formed by the waste in the lake and the water would now be crystal clear.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentations with text and illustrations. 5 pages max.
We are looking for ideas that are original, innovative and realistic. Wow us with exciting ideas that truly make people feel how important it is to make healthy decisions, and that Metamucil is their ally to do so. Your ideas must first attract their attention and stop them in their tracks. Then they must instantly feel the benefit of choosing a healthy lifestyle.
Guidelines for this contest
- Don’t go into the “fitness and sports” area. Metamucil is not a product for athletes or people who do a lot of sport.
- Remember Metamucil is about digestive wellness and regularity – all entries should remain in the healthy digestive world.
- Stay in line with the brand’s message: “To make healthy decisions, you should take Metamucil.”
- Want to know more about Metamucil? Go to this website.
- Download logo and product shots from the toolkit.
- Entries should be in English or Spanish
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.