Can you root for the underdogs in a surprising and unexpected way?
What is your passion? Are you into football, art, charity work or music? Everyone has a passion but not everyone feels talented about it. There are some people who think they'll never succeed and hence will never pursue their passion to the fullest. Yet no matter the odds, no matter how unlikely you are to succeed, when you put in the efforts you get better and better at what you like, and can reach the highest level. Don't we all want to be number one in what we love, and surprise other people when we do it?
Rexona, the leading deodorant brand won’t let you down no matter how much you sweat to pursue your passion. Now that you know that there is nothing to hold people back from achieving what they want, how could you encourage people to get out of the couch and do more?
Surprise us with a very entertaining, unpredictable yet motivating video where someone unlikely to succeed achieves the highest level in their passion by putting in the efforts, the wit and the sweat.
Your video should appeal to men or women in their 18s to 30s. Don’t use a patronizing tone or make viewers feel guilty for not trying hard enough, instead inspire them by showing that even people who everyone thought could not make it succeeded at what they like through their efforts. Keep it light-hearted though, avoid extreme drama or tear jerkers.
Your video must be very surprising. You need a strong start that will hook viewers within the first 5 seconds. Viewers should not know how your video is going to end till the end to keep them glued to their screen and have a real surprising moment that will wow them, and make them want to share.
Think of underdogs… Someone who could be very shortsighted yet wants to become a goalkeeper, the shy nerdy guy who dreams to be on stage as an actor, the career-minded woman who would like to leave the office to become a chef to feed the needy… They will work hard, put in the efforts and the sweat to fulfill their dreams. And they will succeed. But how can they do that in a way that will surprise everyone? What unexpected twist could you add to the story so that it does not become yet another cliché of someone working hard to succeed? How could you keep viewers guessing what will happen next?
- #1 Prize €10,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
- #4 Prize €2,000
Video/animation up to 60 seconds.
Don't do an ad for Rexona! We are looking for powerful stories and surprising creativity that will become a viral hit. Winning entries will be posted on Youtube across the Middle East therefore please read the guidelines to adapt your video to viewers in this region.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries in English or Arabic with English subtitles.
- Stay clear from political, religious or sexual themes.
- Do not show too much skin if possible for men and women (for example no bikini scenes or shirtless football…).
- If you can please feature actors, characters that people in the Middle East can relate to.
- You do not need to feature any deodorant products in your entry. In fact it is better if you don’t so it does not look like an ad. If you do, please only show Rexona products.
- End your video with the Rexona logo available here
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.