What can you kick-start when inspired by NESCAFÉ?
We accept video format only
Dear creators, please note that we accept video only for this Nescafe contest, Animation will not be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.
Our lives are too busy, full of many little things that drive us away from what we want to achieve, sap our energy, break our optimism and slow our willingness to do things. People who love life are people who don’t slump around. They want to make the most of their lives.
How can they do that? A delicious cup of coffee can be the starting point. NESCAFÉ makes a great coffee that inspires everyone to make the most of life. Because it is stimulating, it encourages you to kick-start things you wish to happen, no matter how small.
NESCAFÉ is embracing the transformation that is all around us. For the young, everything is now social and any moment can be transformed into an opportunity to start something. NESCAFÉ wishes to offer to them, and to everyone, a coffee that is not only the greatest, but also one that offers an experience beyond coffee and an inspiring perspective on life.
To reflect this transformation, NESCAFÉ came out with a new visual identity and a new tagline: “It all starts with a NESCAFÉ”.
The brand would like you to interpret this tagline and to tell us stories where NESCAFÉ ignites possibilities, big and small, that lead to a bright future.
Create an engaging, modern and surprising video that shows how you are able to start something, when inspired by a cup of NESCAFÉ.
Make yours the motto: “It all starts with a NESCAFÉ”, and tell us what you put behind the “It”. Your story can be big or small. It can change your day or your life. But keep it real, contemporary, fresh and believable. Don't show a “before – after” setting where a situation is reversed thanks to NESCAFÉ (for example a bad day in the office gets magically better after a cup of coffee). We are looking for a story where the role of NESCAFÉ flows naturally to inspire someone to do something rather than solve an immediate problem. Not only people are inspired by NESCAFÉ but they also put things in motion and start something. Your video would show how this movement sparked by NESCAFÉ leads to a reward that can be unexpected, or with a twist.
NESCAFÉ must be the hero of your video and it’s mandatory to feature the NESCAFÉ Red Mug with coffee. If you don’t have the official NESCAFÉ Red Mug, use another red mug (which must be all-over red and unbranded).
Coffee should look nice and delightful, with appetizing foam and a sense of nice aroma floating.
There are three brand’s assets that you can use in your video (you can download them from the toolkit). You are free to “play” with them, although you must not distort their shapes and colors. And you don’t have to use all of them. Only the NESCAFÉ Red Mug is mandatory. Look at this advert to be inspired about how NESCAFÉ uses these assets.
- The NESCAFÉ Accent symbolizes a spark of inspiration.
- The NESCAFÉ Red Mug: the timeless Brand icon
- The NESCAFÉ Hub: it’s an aerial view of a mug of coffee, and a shape that symbolizes human connections and bonding moments.
Adding touches of red on your video can also help make it stand out and feel relevant to NESCAFÉ.
Think about how coffee smells good too… showing people enjoying the nice aroma of coffee can be a nice way to highlight the importance of the senses.
There is an official music that you can use in your video. Please see instructions from the guidelines.
This is quite an open brief. NESCAFÉ is interested in seeing your interpretations of the tagline: “It all starts with a NESCAFÉ.”
Stories and styles of execution are up to you, although we would like to receive videos of best production quality. Be creative! Why not combine illustrations and video footage, add words to your images; in short anything is fine as long as it feels very “NESCAFÉ” and is well laid-out.
Remember NESCAFÉ is playful and unexpected. You need to surprise us and put joy, fun and surprise in your entry.
The winning videos will be used on social media, where the brand has many fans and followers (about 27 million fans globally!). You can check the official global Facebook, YouTube and Twitter accounts. It means that you should make a video that people would want to share with their friends.
Although we want to see personal and authentic stories, please think about your audience and how you can appeal to them. Although coffee is for everyone, the majority of NESCAFÉ fans on social media are male and female from 18 to 25 years old. Some universal feelings are shared among coffee lovers all over the world. Try to leverage them in order to touch people. Themes such as: stimulation, connections, relaxation, indulgence, romance, creativity, wellness relate to the coffee experience.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good video could be around how coffee can inspire artists. The story would show an artist that is painting on a canvas. The man is painting a face in black and white. He runs out of black paint. He’s becoming a bit desperate, thinks that he won’t be able to finish his painting and offers himself a treat: a hot and comforting cup of coffee. Smelling the nice aroma and looking at the foam he has an idea: why not use some NESCAFÉ to paint? He starts doing it. At the end of the story we see that the guy stops using black paint and now uses only coffee to make more vivid and bright paintings. A new creative expression has started thanks to a NESCAFÉ.
Another approach could be to showcase social moments. You could tell the story of a young woman who welcomes couch-surfers at her apartment. Every time a new person comes to stay at her place, she has a tradition of sharing with them a good cup of coffee. The video would show a series of scenes where she does the same ritual with different people. The video could show how they enjoy meeting each other, talk, laugh and become friends. The video ends with her putting back a mug into her kitchen cabinet as we see that she has collected thousands of NESCAFÉ Red Mugs all signed by the people who visited her. What started out thanks to a NESCAFÉ is friendship!
- #1 Prize €12,000
- #2 Prize €6,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
- #4 Prize €2,000
- #5 Prize €2,000
Videos 90 sec max.
We will accept only very good quality content that tells engaging stories around: “It all starts with a NESCAFÉ.”
The jury will select as winners those that tell the strongest stories, emotion wise, in an unexpected way while staying relevant to the brand’s personality.
Guidelines for this contest
- You have to show a NESCAFÉ Red Mug (if you don’t have the official NESCAFÉ Red Mug, use another red mug (which must be all-over red and unbranded) somehow in your video but showing actual NESCAFÉ coffee packs is not mandatory. Coffee should look nice and delightful, with appetizing foam and a sense of nice aroma floating.
- If you’re selected as a winner, we will provide to you the official NESCAFÉ Red Mug and ask you to reshoot the scenes where it appears.
- Please download the logo, the music and the assets from the toolkit.
- Please add at the end of your video the end-frame provided in the toolkit.
- The red NESCAFÉ codes are Pantone 485C. CMYK : C0, M100, Y100, K0. RGB : R225, G38, B28.
- Look at this video to see you how NESCAFÉ plays with the brand assets. But please have in mind it’s not the kind of video we are looking for. This is a TVC that is copyrighted, reproducing it or recreating a too similar execution could have Legal consequences. Don’t copy it or reproduce the idea as your entry would be rejected.
- Your video must be one that people would want to share with their friends.
- NESCAFÉ stands for simplicity, creativity, social interactions, optimism and surprise.
- Videos should be HD, at least 720p.
- Maximum length is 90 sec.
- Entries are to be in English or in any other language as long as there are English subtitles.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.