Can you stir up the instant soup shelf by creating a pack that clearly stands out and surprises?
Try to remember the last time you were at the grocery store. Did you walk past the instant soup shelf? You probably passed by it and just ignored it – it’s not very exciting, is it? You either don’t care about the product or it brings up negative thoughts (unhealthy, unsavory, unexciting).
Truth is that Continental Cup a Soup is a great choice for a tasty snack. It often improves the office lunch when it accompanies a sandwich or a late afternoon snack. They not only have an incredibly diverse and delicious range of soups, but they actually make them with natural, real ingredients. So we need your help to reinvent the packaging of Cup a Soup to capture the attention of consumers and whet their appetite!
Use your creative talent to create craving for Cup a Soup! Blow us away with ideas for Cup a Soup that will surprise people and stimulate their appetite for it.
The following elements are to be taken into consideration for your project:
- Shelf stand out| make it pop out by making the package inspiring and attractive. This brand is also quite entertaining with their advertising – they are a cool brand, with lightheartedness and humor.
- Food appeal | Continental’s (the brand behind Cup a Soup) slogan is: Great Taste is in our Nature. Your job is to make that come across through the package design. Consumers should understand that Cup a Soup is a tasty soup, made with real, natural ingredients, just waiting for them.
- Different pack experience | think of design ideas for the current package – the general shape of the package cannot be changed, however minor/smart modifications may be made (cut-outs/add-ons). For example: add a finger holder to the existing package so that people can grab the package to work or a pocket for crackers/salt & pepper. You can also consider a new design for the two sachets inside the pack that would connect and enhance the package design – today they’re just white, dull packets.
- Sustainability | a special prize will be awarded to the best sustainability idea. Think of eco-friendly implementations as well as offering buyers something to do with the package after they've eaten the soup (second life for the box). For example: small cut-outs that can be pushed to convert the box into a stationary holder. Please suggest environmentally-friendly ideas or ideas on how to give the box a second life, or both.
Check the instant soup aisle yourself. Look at the options, their design, their display, and their neighboring products. What can you do to boost the food appeal and excitement level? How can you disrupt the instant soup shelf using smart and interesting changes? The end result should be a design that is disruptive and creative while creating craving for a hot, natural, delicious soup.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,500
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize Best Sustainability Idea (€500)
Presentation with illustration, 3 pages max (PDF)
We are looking for innovation and creativity. Bring ideas that would change the instant soup world forever – because people had never thought about it that way before!
Think about what we’re trying to say – great flavor and authentic taste from real ingredients. Convey this message in your design while dashing your creative skills to make the pack stand out and bring excitement. Think of a noticeable and appetizing pack.
Please keep in mind that we’re giving a separate award for sustainability ideas for the package. These can be environmentally-friendly creations and/or second life ideas for the box. The most original and clever idea for sustainability will win an award – and this can accumulate with any of the first 3 prizes.
Winners may have the opportunity to work with the Continental Cup a Soup team to materialize the packaging!
Guidelines for this contest
- Only English please
- You can change the package structure moderately - you can add/cut out but the dimensions must stay the same. Please refer to the technical drawing of the packaging to see which areas you cannot touch due to production constraints
- You may change the material provided it remains affordable
- You must use the Continental and Cup a Soup logo + hero mug
- Visit the website to better understand the brand
- You can also take a look at the current packaging and products
- Please check out the current campaign as we are looking for ideas that would supplement it.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.